Rig Manager keeps disconnecting

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

I just got a used Kemper Profiler and downloaded the Rig Manager. Updated the Rig Manager and the Kemper to the latest software and firmware versions respectively. I am using a mac OS. However, the rig manager keeps disconnecting every now and then and doesn't connect to the Kemper until I reboot the Kemper (or disconnect and reconnect the USB cable) which is really frustrating. I have tried multiple USB cables. As I mentioned the softwares/firmware are upto date. How is that a device this mature has basic connectivity issues? What else can I try?

Errors i Get:

Scanning for Profilers

USB cable is unstable

The other issue I am noticing is that when I change profiles in rig manager (double clicking on a different profile) it's a couple of seconds before that profile changes on the Kemper.

• Welcome to Kemper world. They simply can't figure pout how to make USB work consistently. I even disconnected all other usb devices and bought a brand new cable. Same f#$%ing thing. Really sad

I must apologize. I replaced my cable and all is working again. This is the 3rd cable in 12 months. Different brands each time. Pulling my hair out!

• New
    • Official Post

for you it seems to cause problems... for thousands of others it works fine

Did you consider that it _maybe_ isn't the Kemper, but _maybe_ your specific setup? (Windows version, USB driver version, USB interface hardware, USB hub, virus protection, CPU load, still a bad/too long cable despite being 'new' etc. etc. etc. )

.... just a thought

• for you it seems to cause problems... for thousands of others it works fine

Did you consider that it _maybe_ isn't the Kemper, but _maybe_ your specific setup? (Windows version, USB driver version, USB interface hardware, USB hub, virus protection, CPU load, still a bad/too long cable despite being 'new' etc. etc. etc. )

.... just a thought

almost 4 years using the Kemper Stage and zero issues with the USB cable,im on Mac

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• I am already in contact with the support because I have the same problem. It appeared only with the latest RM version. If I install the old everything work fine, so maybe is a combination of casuality/setup.. Maybe not. In any case I need to admit that I found it really frustrating too, and reading some arrogant answers is not pleasant.