Profile Player Ticking Noise

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Today I set up my Player with a couple of pedals in front of it. First I tried a Crybaby Mini 535q. When I set the volume boost on the wah more than half way, I started hearing a fast ticking from the Kemper (XLR out to mixer). I then tried an Xotic SP Compressor and when I set the volume boost on that pedal above 70%, I got the same ticking from the Kemper.

I tried different outlets and power supplies with no change. It didn’t sound like interference to me, more like a digital clock.

Any thoughts as to what is going on?

• Figured it out. It was interference from the wi-fi on the Kemper. I could get it to go away by lowering the gain on the pedal before the Player or simply turning off the wi-fi on the Player.

:)

Interesting to know.

I once had a problem with an annoying ticking sound in a studio with my Dual Rectifier and a Levinson Blade R4. I was running tons of gain and this ticking noise was driving us all nuts. In the end it turned out that the ticking of my watch was transmitting down the neck and through the pickups 🤦‍♂️ I took my watch off and everything was fine.