Has anyone gotten close to Rik Emmett's acoustic tone on Blinding Light Show?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

See this... I'm guessing flanger and rotary but I am pretty far off using the Kemper effects.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• That's a phaser. Try one of those on for size.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• That's a phaser. Try one of those on for size.

Are you sure because I hear chorusing and not sure if a phaser can do that. I know Rik used a 12-string but I didn't find any info for that particular song except that he used a flanger on some songs.

I've gotten closer using a rotary and tape plugin. I tried adding a phaser but the highs are pretty strong. I guess I can always EQ that out.

• I would say the main modulation effect comes from a phaser. It's a very "mouthy" sound (not sure that makes any sense at all). The chorusing could very well stem from it being a 12 string. Perhaps try recording the part twice (if you don't have a 12 string) and then apply the same phaser to both tracks.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I found this. He is using the 12-string. I wonder if he he using both the flanger and phaser at the same time. Some parts sound more "flangy" during the live song. I'll try using both too.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.