Cabinet profiles

• I'm relatively new to the Kemper, and am trying to understand how cabinet profiles work.

I gather that when profiling a new amp and specifiying both an amp name and cabinet name, the software is able to create a cabinet profile as well as an amp profile, and that this cabinet profile may then be applied to other rigs (which were originally profiled with a different cabinet). Is that correct so far?

If so, my question is this: when one profiles a second amp through the same cabinet, is the original cabinet profile overwritten, or is it refined in light of the information from the new profiling session?

• The first part is correct, but keep in mind that the power amp portion is somehow saved in the cab, so when you change to another amp and re-profile you'll hear some difference, is subtle, pleasant ...but is there. Have fun experimenting!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hi TMS9, welcome here!

Read the wiKPA, it will help you entering the KPA secrets more quickly :D

Also - seriously - read the manuals: it's a pity such a power is braked down by not knowing hot it works :)

• Thanks for the comments, I'll check out the WikPA. As for the manuals, I have read them, and found them to have some large gaps. If my question is addressed in either of the manuals, I'd be glad to have a page reference. Could be I just missed it.

• Don't have them in front of me at the moment. Anyway, when you profile a different rig the KPA has no way to know "it's the same cab"... so it all boils down to the name you give it.

As for the wiKPA, it's crammed with things that have emerged from this forum and elsewhere, so it might represent a good compliment to the manuals :)