KPA to Behringer FCB 1010 programming help!

• Hi,

Recently bought a Kemper, and a behringer FCB 1010 pedal. I am a complete MIDI noob. I am looking for an easy way to program the pedal. Can someone please give me the easiest and most noob proof instructions on how to get this happening, it's ridiculously frustrating.

I really dont want to have to purchase even more stuff to get this pedal programmed. Im sensing Im going to have to buy a Computer MIDI port or something, but I want to avoid this.

All I want is 5 seperate rigs on the bottom row, effects on the top row, volume and a tap tempo.

Please help me. And really spell it out for me, because I am struggling. Didn't think playing guitar was going to be this difficult. :cursing:

Cheers.

• Well, I went from gung ho to totally frustrated in relation to midi. Got the KPA, a FCB1010, the Uno Chip is on the way, bought the lg-FCB editor.
    I can't even get the usb midi interface with the FCB working. I run a Lenovo T61 with Windows7.
    Is this a windows 7 problem? Is anybody experiencing the same problem?
    What USB MIDI interface is recommended since the 19€ Justin USB Midi between the my laptop and the FCB is given me connection error.
    Any advice?

Labrat

• Well, I went from gung ho to totally frustrated in relation to midi. Got the KPA, a FCB1010, the Uno Chip is on the way, bought the lg-FCB editor.
    I can't even get the usb midi interface with the FCB working. I run a Lenovo T61 with Windows7.
    What USB MIDI interface is recommended since the 19€ Justin USB Midi between the my laptop and the FCB is given me connection error.
    Any advice?

Labrat

I have a Midisport 2x2 interface. I have zero problems working with it in Mac OS or Windows.
    You can still check if there are specific drivers for Win 7 for your interface first.

• Hi

Well, I went from gung ho to totally frustrated in relation to midi. Got the KPA, a FCB1010, the Uno Chip is on the way, bought the lg-FCB editor.
    Any advice?

Labrat

I use an t510 lenovo windows 7 and uno with an cheap usb midi interface with no problems.
    I also use the lg fcb editor.
    My midi interface is the cheapest from thomann.

• After trying different drivers I gave up and seeked support from my dealer where I've picked up the cheapo USB Midi device.
    The first thing I've learned that I've messed up the cable connection. Midi out goes into midi in and midi in goes to out :cursing: @#*§%
    Finally I've got some blinkenlights on that midi thingy.
    But still no connection with the FCB1010. The 79€ Neusonik worked then immediately (This one got also a connector for iPhone/iPad).

Man, I'm so happy that this was no Windows or Lenovo bug :evil:

rm12 / @docline6forum: Kop Khun Kap!

• Hi Folks,

No, i can't wait any longer for the more or less soon release of the sensational Kemper Footswitch. :thumbup::sleeping:
    Now I don't want to spend too much money for an interim solution, so I decided to order a FCB 1010 Midi Footswitch.

Now my questions:
    Do I really need an UNO or another chip or can i do the following stuff with the pure FCB?

I only need the following functions:
    - 5 Preset switches
    - wah pedal
    - volume pedal
    - Delay tap
    - connect a third external expression pedal for Delay mix

I would be very thankful for help and hints. :S

• It looks like that is advised to use the UNO chip for better functioning of the whole FCB1010. I've got the Volume Pedal working after resetting/syncing the FCB1010. The stomps are set up for the upper row, but did not had enough time to look into the final parameter setting. The lower row is working fine with selected rigs where I've set the equivalent midi numbers. Trust me, by the time you've selected 5 rigs as presets there is always a rig that you like to try within a song to hear/ compare the sound.... ;)
    I've also not have set the wah yet, again time constraints. Hopefully I can do that during the holidays.
    I've tried to link to the extra expression pedal thread > your third expr pedal, but did not found it quickly. On the back of the Kemper are two jacks labeled Switch/Pedal to deal with this situation. The forum as a thread dealing with those jacks.
    Labrat

• Alone for Programming's and convenience's sake I'd recommend the UnO.
    It really takes the FCB to a user friendly professional level.
    I understand that theFCB's additional jacks are for switching amps etc. and not for an additional pedal.
    To achieve a Volume + Wah + Delay Mix scenario with the FCB and 3 pedals one must be connected to the KPA itself.

• Here's a question to the guys having delay issues with the FCB1010. I'm also having delay issues, but I'm not sure if it only has to do with the Behringer. Whenever I switch the audio volume decreases for a half second, it's as if the sound which I'm changing to fades in over half a second. Is this the same issue that people have been having?