TheAmpFactory Metal Producers Pack

• Ah sorry guys, been a long, long past 6 weeks and I just haven't had time to do any clips since November started. Been lagging on clips for Armin, too, actually... I suck in general. The only guitar I've got with me right now and until Jan 7th is a Telecaster, so the metal clips will have to wait until then!

• Im keen to get my hands on some high quality metal amps. There is no way im buying blind though. If these profiles are decent, you will stand to sell more by posting the examples. I cant help but feel maybe you do not believe in these as much as you originally hoped for, otherwise there would be planned samples released when the packs came out. There is market out there for crushing heavy tones. And generally i do well with a handful of amps but would be great to venture outside the square

--
    Beau McKee - Producing Engineer
    @ Frequency Studios
    RECORD - PRODUCE - MIX - MASTER
    Phone: +61 421 938 284

http://www.BeauMcKee.com

• Hey andy

I think a lot of people want The metal side of the MarkIIc+

you already profiled a MarkIIc and your profiles sound good but we cant get with them this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aThmW2p95gs

Ok this is not miced amp video but you can get what a lot of guys want from this amp... Listen in particular the powerchords... So powerful... This has a unique tone signature that for the moment has not been achieved with a profile. Tills cabs are the closest but the poweramp he used is i think a marshall jvm...

• Is there any way to demo these profiles before paying for them?

Its just that, e50 (after currency conversion) is a lot of money for me right now, and I'd love to try-before-I-buy if you know what I mean.

Andy and those that own this metal profile bundle, how much tweaking out-of-the-box is required with these profiles?
    I love playing guitar, but I hate forever tweaking profiles...ie, Id much rather be playing my guitar then tweaking knobs on my KPA.
    Are these profiles ready to go immediately?

I listened to some of fenixdoidos examples and most of them were really good (Thanks fenixdoidos!). Though with some of these I did notice a "waterfall"-like "sshhhhhhh" sound in the 2K - 6K region. I've noticed this on some of my recordings as well. Is this just a bad profile or something that is normal?

Thanks!
    :)

• Yeah Fenix is king there, he provided like a zillion different metal stems. - and as far as I remember these are not tweeked at all.
    natrually you can always envolve (or destroy) a profile if you "jump" in, get it setup to work at the max for your guitar then its all good to go.

Distortion, creates well distortion, and so its noisy, Line6 was typical "fizzy" around the 8k range, and other modellers also.
    there will always be some sort of element of this because it adds to all harmonic content, and as distortion compress these all together, hence why you can hear some sort of sssshhhing. - but, this depends on how you work, you can cancel some gain (if multi tracking) - or just notch that freq out slightly.

No sound is ever good to go directly with a bit of post or DAW EQ when in the mix.
    and Im no metal player/producer, so I might of spoken out of term here.
    and if I did, then im happy to be put corrected if the above advise is bad. :)

Oh, and you cant demo the profiles first, sorry.

• What And44 said is correct. The profiles were not tewaked or EQd. Some of them are louder than others, etc.
    So its natural to get some cloudiness from low mids when reamping quad tracked guitars (DI's provided by JEFF, BTW).
    With minor eq'ing (cut some dbs on 400-500 hz) you should get the clarity you want.
    I might be reamping with all profiles normalized/with little tweaking. There are a lot of profiles I didn't add yet (JCM800, Marshall JS, Armin's JVM, Boogie Triple Rec, etc)

Andy, before the pack 4 was released I asked for two metal amps on facebook, ENGL SAVAGE 120 and Boogie Mark IV
    If you ever profile these awesome metal amps would you mind trying to achive this tone (SAVAGE trhough a EVH cab, i think)? If you do, you are THE MASTER (as you achived the Arch Enemy's tone on the Metal Pack - KRANK)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xsnO7d3jDI

You can listen to the isolated guitar track about 1:52

Cheers!

Ps. I bought the gilmour profile and I'm stunned. HOLY SH
    :thumbup:

• Quick question - are the Uberschall profiles in the Metal Producers Pack the same profiles as the one in the Bogner Pack?

All tones from this pack are very differnt to the other amps from singles or bundles, the pack was made with metal in mind and was a priorty, captured at mixable settings and with variation of 3 differt flavourd cabs per amp ( see first post in this thread)

• All tones from this pack are very differnt to the other amps from singles or bundles, the pack was made with metal in mind and was a priorty, captured at mixable settings and with variation of 3 differt flavourd cabs per amp ( see first post in this thread)

Awesome, thanks a lot for the quick respond. Can´t wait to get me that profile pack then!

• Just bought the pack and went through all the profiles a few times with different headphones and speakers. There are some great profiles in there even though there is a lack in clarity in the C2-C4 profiles but I guess a little EQ´ing will help me out there most of the C1 Profiles are pretty killer! The Only amp I can´t get into is the Fortin - all the other ones have some great profiles. Well worth the money! :thumbup: