More favorite groups - and option to play profiles directly from the USB stick

• How many profiles do I need?
    Normally 3-5 per amp multiplied by the number of my guitars (since each guitar needs different settings).

I do it like this:
    All my profiles are in the KPA
    The ones I use regularly are in my favorite section
    If I use another guitar and need additional ones from the complete pool, I mark then as favorites too

Perfect would be to have more than one favorite groups.
    e.g.
    A favorite group for my LesPauls, Strat, ESP ...
    So I could copy the profiles for different guitars and styles into separate favorite groups.

The other point is - I ran out of storage space - and the KPA get's slower and slower.
    So I would love to be able to hold only the most important profiles inside the KPA and browse thru all the other directly from my USB stick (without the need to import and reboot).

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• No, thankfully it doesn't reboot anymore after adding profiles. However, I like Armin's request to be able to load and play from the USB. Even better, would be to do that from the computer directly in some manner. I know Kemper has been working on a librarian, so loading from there would provide great auditioning capability. :D

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I feel it would be great, to have the option to select rigs while browsing the usb stick, then to load and try them and to be able to copy or save one if you like one.

This would help to keep the amount of stored rigs far below 1k

Please go for it CK
    :thumbup:

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

• Kpa doesn't reboot anymore after import, since several FW versions... ;)

Long time since I imported any rigs - I use only my own profiles by now :D

But that is great - so all we are missing is a browse on the USB stick feature - should not be that difficult.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• But browsing should mean allowing folder structures on the USB stick as well:
    - Any number of favorite folders
    - Substructures e.g. for types of music to play

Do you even need rig memory in the Kemper or wouldn't just reading from the USB stick be sufficient? This could make production costs of the Kemper lower.

Additionally there would be no need of a library software any longer. So you could avoid development costs there... any file explorer could be your library software.

:thumbup:

Kemper Stage

• ^ I seem to see your point, even tho I'd probably not like the idea of having to keep an USB stick always connected and use it as the main memory. Both for practical (more possibilities to damage it) and technical (USB memories go easily corrupted) reasons :|

• USB memories go easily corrupted

But it is easy to keep a save backup :D
    And they are so cheap, if they break it doesn't matter too much.

Isn't the memory inside Kemper flash as well? So take a small memory stick and even the danger of harming it mechanically is low. So many people have a bluetooth stick permanently in their laptops... just the same.

Kemper Stage

• But it is easy to keep a save backup :D
    And they are so cheap, if they break it doesn't matter too much.

Isn't the memory inside Kemper flash as well? So take a small memory stick and even the danger of harming it mechanically is low. So many people have a bluetooth stick permanently in their laptops... just the same.

Actually, I'd be much more concerned about destroying the USB connector on the KPA from the torque of the thumb-drive being knocked around. :thumbdown:

• Do you think with one of those you could damage the USB connector on the KPA, by hitting the small part which is outside the casing?
    [Blocked Image: http://www.getusb.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/081709c.jpg] [Blocked Image: http://cdn.geckoandfly.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/buffalo_thumb_key_tiny_small_usb_flash.jpg] [Blocked Image: http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/verbatim-netbook-usb-drive-32gb-0-580x270.jpg
    I wouldn't be too much afraid.

Kemper Stage

• Those certainly make the possibility to accidentally damage the KPA less probable. I also agree on the usefulness of being able to check profiles or rigs from the USB. Still, I'd not want a machine which exclusively relies over an external memory stick. I can imagine several situations where I'd miss, lose, break, forget it...
    Also, in some crowded\public place, someone could damage or steal it, just for the sake of being (a) smart (ass)... I'd not trust myself... and others!

• Good evening ladies and gentleman, and welcome to the celebration of David and Ruth's wedding.

Unfortunately, our guitarist seems to have lost his USB stick, the band will not be able to perform tonight...we apologize for the inconvenience.

Then one of the guests puts his hand up and says.
    I have my Pod HD500 in my car, should I get it for you?
    The singer looks at the guitarist and says, are you cool with that, the guitarist says, no ways, it doesn't have the feel and sponginess of my Kemper, and the JCM800 sim sucks.
    Then another one of the guests says, don't worry, I have my 11R in my car, let me go and get it.
    Once again, the guitarist refuses, same thing, it feels digital, not organic like the Kemper.
    Finally a guy jumps up and says, I have my Axe-FX11 firmware 7 in my car, do you want to use it?
    The singer looks at the guitarist and says, dude!, there you go, we're saved, the guitarist says, no ways, I can't do it, what will the guys on the Kemper forum say if they found out, and in any event it only has firmware 7 on it.

The singer is furious, the bass player dumps his guitar on the stand and walks off the stage, the drummer is sitting at the bar having a drink with the brides sister.......

Suddenly one of the guests comes rushing out of the cloakroom yelling.
    I found it, I found it, your USB stick was laying on the floor, here it is.
    Everyone gathers round this strange looking object with flashing lights as the guitarist slides the USB stick in...5 seconds later, "You have successfully Imported 3 rigs".

The drummer and the brides sister have disappeared... :love:

:whistling: ... :thumbup:

• :thumbup: that is a good and very fun story....is it true :love::D