A option to put the mono or stereo effectsloop after the chain(after the delay and reverb)

• I wish they made A option to put the mono or stereo effectsloop after the chain(after the delay and reverb)

So we can use our loopstation etc after the effects block like the way you have on the axe fx....

• If you put it there you don't need a loop, unless you're using headphones directly in to the Kemper.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• If you put it there you don't need a loop, unless you're using headphones directly in to the Kemper.

But how it now is you cant use a loopstation..

When you switch a profile to do a lead solo on your recorded part then the recorded part is also getting the delay and reverb from the effects :(

• You have to put your looper completely after the kemper.

Exactly what I meant: after the KPA and before the Monitor/Mixer/ soundcard or wherever you connect the KPA...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• You have to put your looper completely after the kemper.

Then you need a stereo looper.. :((i use two speakers for stereo)

But when you can put it at the end of the the chain of the effects(like the axefx) you dont need a stereo looper ;)

Thats how i used to use it with my axefx.

• Ok, you go out in stereo directly to the speakers.... If you want to keep stereo you need either a mixer or a anmma. Stereo, if you don't care that is mono just put the jamman between the main left and the correspondent speaker and leave the other one on the main right. Playback will be mono and the live playing stereo. If you would put a loop after the reverb you would have the same dilemma: if is stereo you'll need a jamman stereo if is mono you would have the jamman only on 1 side....

• Ok, you go out in stereo directly to the speakers.... If you want to keep stereo you need either a mixer or a anmma. Stereo, if you don't care that is mono just put the jamman between the main left and the correspondent speaker and leave the other one on the main right. Playback will be mono and the live playing stereo. If you would put a loop after the reverb you would have the same dilemma: if is stereo you'll need a jamman stereo if is mono you would have the jamman only on 1 side....

Thx for the tips ;)

The i need in the future the jamman stereo :)

• Hi!

Are there any news about this feature? This is critical for me, because I want to put the jamman in the fx loop.

• Hi!

Are there any news about this feature? This is critical for me, because I want to put the jamman in the fx loop.

I think the Return Input and Alternate Input are routed post effects and direct to Master when the Aux Input volume is greater than 0.
    This means you can do this already.

• Hi Ingolf,

thx for the hint. Could you explain this in detail, please? I want to record a riff with let's say a distorted tone. Then I want to play a solo to it with delay and reverb. Will this work? The recorded rhythm tone should stay the same.

• Actually I have not tried this myself yet, but have always wanted to. This weekend maybe.
    What I wrote above was observed by another user and is not documented otherwise I think.
    From what I understood the signal from the loop gets tapped and is sent to master (effectively bypassing delay and reverb).
    So what you want to do should work.

Well, now I'm getting curious. ;)

• I ran my JamMan from the Main outs of the KPA, then the output of the JamMan through a mixer, and the mixer output to my powered monitors. This config lets you run with different tone to the looper each cycle.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

From what I understood the signal from the loop gets tapped and is sent to master (effectively bypassing delay and reverb). So what you want to do should work.

Hi Ingolf,

I hooked up my jamman to the kemper today. The Chain is: kemper direct out / send -> Jamman left (mono) in -> Jamman left out (mono) -> Kemper Alternate Input. Guitar plugged straight into the kemper.
    When I raise the Aux In Volume (Looper fx block deactivated) the recorded signal is played back. But sadly when playing an overdub / solo the sound gets distorted - like the input to the kemper is doubled / too loud.

Zappledans solution:
    this might work in a studio / home environment, but on stage you'll need a lot of cables. You have to connect the outputs of the kemper to the place you're standing and then back to the monitors / PA / Poweramp or whatever. It would be much easier to use the fx loop, which was designed for external effects. I just need the option to put it before the output and behind the reverb slot. And it seems, that the playback level of the jamman is quieter, than the recording / kemper itself when connected to the main outputs.

• "I think the Return Input and Alternate Input are routed post effects and direct to Master when the Aux Input volume is greater than 0.
    This means you can do this already."

Works great and you just made my day! (Feature is important for anyone using the KPA as the master mixer/sound source. For instance I run my PC soundcard output into the KPA returns to monitor DAWs, VSTs etc.) Thanks!

Doing this correctly with Aux In Volume (under the Master section) also frees up another post-effect in "X" and saves me messing around with a lock on that slot and missing whatever work has gone into other users' rigs. Nice!

• Thanks, Ingolf. It was indeed a major improvement, but once I got working with it, I did notice one significant oversight in the implementation:

Basically, there needs to be an "Aux In Link" checkbox on page 5 of the Master section (much like the "Direct Link" and "Monitor Link" which work so well for their respective signals) to decouple the monitoring of the Aux In from the Volume and Master Volume controls. As it stands, it is impossible to monitor other auxiliary audio inputs when the Kemper amp profile is turned down, which is essential in some routing configurations where the KPA feeds audio to a DAW and its aux returns are being used as sends to studio monitors, ie:

Guitar -> KPA -> KPA Send/Direct Out -> Audio Interface/PC/DAW -> KPA Return/Aux In -> Monitors

There are times given this routing where you need to monitor only the Aux In, while feeding guitar signal to the KPA Direct Out. But if you turn down the Vol/Master Vol, the send is defeated. This is where the ability to uncheck an "Aux In Link" - to keep absolute Aux Level up and turn Volume down - would be very useful.

Does this request make sense to you? Should I start a new topic on this? I'd love to see this option in an upcoming firmware.