After upgrading firmware (1.52), is anyone else having trouble restarting the unit?

• After upgrading firmware (1.52), if I try to restart the unit shortly after after a normal shutdown, it's TOTALLY DEAD, and takes about 30 minutes or so before I can restart it - I'd imagine that it might have to do with the protections built in (and that I have to wait for the capacitors to discharge before it 're-sets'), but:

1) why?

2) what can I do to correct it? (or at least speed up the wait time?)

3) is it a common issue?

thanks very much...

-Rick

Addendum: This is a new unit (got it yesterday) and the only things that've been changed are:

OS update, the addition of Rig Paks 1 + 2, and 4 user-created tweaks of pre-existing (D'Luxe Clean) rigs ... thx again ...

... for the very best in jazz education ...

The Rick Barda School of Music

www.drbop.com

Edited once, last by rickbarda ().

• I didn't have any issue.
    I don't know if the total number of your profiles might be over 1000 but I don't think so.
    Have you tried taking away the power connector?
    I'd wait for an official answer before trying to downgrade and upgrade again.

• thx for responding Jimmyno ...

I only have about 330 rigs in total (factory default and rig paks 1+2) ... it seems to shutdown properly with a countdown, but then won't restart for at least 30 minutes ... and yes, I've tried the power cord thing (after shutdown, unplug, move the chicken head to 'tuner' for a few minutes, then move the chicken head back to 'off', then pluggin it in and trying to turn it on again) ... it's pretty frustrating ....

-Rick

www.drbop.com

• Try a reset (I think it was Booting while pressing "System"? Dunno - check the manuals or the forum :) )

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I've tried to install the previous OS (1.51), only to get a message that it can't find the file (it's [kaos.bin] on the USB stick in the OS folder) ... I've tried to re-install the current OS (1.52) in the same fashion with the same results ... I've also successfully done a system reset (pressing 'SYSTEM' while booting), and then tried both of the previously mentioned OS updates, with no difference in the results ... I'm open for any/all suggestions before I contact support ... thanks everyone ...

-Rick

www.drbop.com

• OK, guys, if guitarnet70 is stumped, I guess it's time for me to contact support ... thanks to all for helping! ...

:)

-Rick

www.drbop.com

• It is something serious and the unit is covered by his warranty. The decision on what to do belongs the support team at Kemper.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff