Long reboot time after power loss

• So, my KPA works fine and reboot is fine if I turn it "off" correctly.

If I lose power for some reason accidentally, it takes an age to reboot ... I have tried the "turn it to 'tuner' with no power applied, wait minute, turn it to 'off', re-power, turn on" sequence, but sometimes it seems to need 2 minutes or more in the "tuner" position to reset it. It seems if you power up too soon, and it wont boot, you have to start the waiting time again ...

I had been told it was fixed in later firmware, so didn;t worry about it as I was not using it live at that point, but I'm hoping to use it live soon, and I upgraded to latest firmware and the problem is still there ... I feel a bit scared to use it live if I have a possibility for many minutes to reboot ... is there a fix for this?

• A couple of threads discuss the use of battery backup power for the KPA. You might do a search for that.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• in addition, turning it on into tuner mode doesn't bring to anything. if I don't remember wrong even in the wiki pdf there is the recommendation to turn it on browser at start up.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music