A recording / loop station feature

• Hello,

I was wondering, would it be possible to incorporate a recording / loop function into the Kemper?
    I dont mean an effects loop, but a Boss loop-station type thing, where we could temporarily record and continuously playback, say 30s of something, and then play over the top of it?

I use this for practicing my solos etc over my songs with my laptop, but when I'm out and about or practicing at night and just want to try something quick I often dont want to turn my laptop on or I will have lost the idea by the time everything is set up!

If memory is an issue with the Kemper, could we use the USB port on the back to use our flash drives as a type of temporary memory bank for our loops (perhaps even save them here)?

It makes sense to me and I would love to hear the reasons why this could or could not be done with Kemper as it currently stands. :)

Thanks!
    -DD

p.s. The Kemper is hands down, THE greatest musical investment I have made in the last few years.... love this thing! :thumbup:

• Yeah, if its not functionally part of a dedicated footswitch not betting its something which will be added in the near term (or ever). Then again, maybe that's part of why the foot switch is taking so long. I'd love a looper as well...especially if there was a reverse option!

• There are already several post in favour of a loop delay/sampler and I have to say me too I would not mind if there was one inside the Kemp.

• It is cool in performances to be able to store certain sounds in loops.

• It helps on soundchecks. With a traditional tube amp the PA engineer can hear your taste of guitar sound by turning down the FOH and compare with what comes out of your backline amp on stage. With digital amps this is not possible any more and so it is hard for the engineers to decide if the sound that he gets from your LineOut is already perfectly what you want or not. Then it helps when you can store a loop and then jump off the stage and hear it yourself from the front and talk to the engineer.

• Of course it is also fine for practicing.

• A loop funktion would make it easier to find the right microfon position on profiling.

But a loop will certainly eat up more calculating power. And I also have to say that I really, really love the concept of Kemper to focus all the energy (and CPU power) more on capturing the basic sound of tube amps. That is the most important thing, everything else will come later. And this is what makes the KPA unique in the market and precious!

So if you need a Loopstation - go and get one.
    And don't ask Christoph to send you one for free with the next FW.
    ;)

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• So if you need a Loopstation - go and get one.
    And don't ask Christoph to send you one for free with the next FW.
    ;)

See, if I apply your same logic to this, then CK needn't put ANY stomp box features ir even a tuner in the KPA.
    I could say "if you need a tuner, go buy a Boss TU-3!" or something like that.

A looper would help the KPA stand out against its competitors and aid guitarists everywhere. I mean, it couldn't HURT to have a looper function in there now, could it?

• Yeah, if its not functionally part of a dedicated footswitch not betting its something which will be added in the near term (or ever). Then again, maybe that's part of why the foot switch is taking so long. I'd love a looper as well...especially if there was a reverse option!

Check the thread called "the Kemper foot controller:evolution".
    CK has posted two different fc designs, both with a looper switch, so I think we just have to wait (hoping not for a long time!). ;)