kemper effects

• Hi All,
    First post for newbie here but am purchasing my kemper this weekend and i am going to be using it mainly live and for some recording, I am a big effects fan and currently use the m13 effects along with an XT live, But just need to ask what the effects are like in the kemper, are they as good as the rest of this profiling amp? want to be able to just go the midi route and do patch changes with my chosen amp with the built in effects and the odd other effect (like a whammy).
    Great forum and would be greatful of any reply
    Cheers :)

• Been an L6 user for a long time but its time to try new gear and new ideas but love effects and use a lot with my band so hope they are good or better
    thanks for reply mate :thumbup:

• FX are very good indeed, but you have no whammy or pitch Fx...yet.
    You can still put the M13 in the loop and use the XT Live as a midi controller (easy to program with line6 edit)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Can i use my xt live as a controller then can I?, I really need to get up to speed on the midi programming for effects cause it seems like a secret art to me but i love muse and other artists who just integrate all there effects and amp channels to the midi foot controller its so much better for stage performance, Having seen muse a load of times this is the way i need to go
    Thanks for your replys so far guys realy appreciate it and cant wait for my kemper to arrive

• Can i use my xt live as a controller then can I?, I really need to get up to speed on the midi programming for effects cause it seems like a secret art to me but i love muse and other artists who just integrate all there effects and amp channels to the midi foot controller its so much better for stage performance, Having seen muse a load of times this is the way i need to go
    Thanks for your replys so far guys realy appreciate it and cant wait for my kemper to arrive

If you're looking to do the kind of stuff Muse does, the Kemper will be a bit lacking. It covers all more traditional effects very well (does modulation better than Line 6 IMHO, but so do all the competition) and includes several "lo-fi" options which can get some very bizarre tones, but there is no pitch related effects, no "sequence" effects, and no complex routing.

• i guess i just want to use the existing effects in the kemper and just add what is sonically good through midi (when i learn how to do it ?( )
    but at the moment i just use mod and delay effects and a synth effect for songs that our band has written, recording in april so will need a diezel amp tone for that but it seems like this is what im looking for :)

• i guess i just want to use the existing effects in the kemper and just add what is sonically good through midi (when i learn how to do it ?( )
    but at the moment i just use mod and delay effects and a synth effect for songs that our band has written, recording in april so will need a diezel amp tone for that but it seems like this is what im looking for :)

The Kemper does not include a synth effect per se. Certainly nothing like what the Line 6 M series or Zoom G3 can do. There are several wave shapers which might get you close to something usable, and some gloriously bizarre sounds available from the ring modulator and frequency shifter. But there's unfortunately nothing in the Kemper which will transform you guitar tone into something closer to a MOOG.

• I love diezel amps and it really was a toss up on this or the d moll but i think i can do more with the kemper than just the d moll on its own, hence the reason why i needed to know what the effects are like