Update to 1.6.0 Beta Fails

• I have the same problem, but I have resolved it in the following manner:

I,m was happy with my 1.52 version KPA with about 760 rigs on it.

Like I have read in this forum somewhere, first I have updated it to version 1.54 succesfull, and after that I have tryied to update to 1.6 without any succes.

It gets to 100% of the process and then update was failed.

After trying a few times to update to 1.6 I have returned to the version 1.52 which was succesfully installed.

Now I was stopped the KPA and waiting a few minutes.

In next step, after restarting the Kemper I was trying to update from version 1.52 to 1.6, and...what a surprise: it was working!!!.....but after the updating process my nice little Kemper won't start again.......

I have stopped it again and after a few minutes I've tried to start it with booting from USB stick with the new firmware.........and like a wonder it was started and it,s working fine and sounding perfect now with the new software version and the new rigs....

I hope that this is working for You too!

• Thanks guys I'll give this a try.

I'm at 1.5.4 and can't get to 1.6 despite multiple USB sticks and downloads.

The process gets to 100% and then fails "Update has Failed. There was a problem reading update data" ...

Hoping to use the same USB stick I've dedicated to the Kemper for several months and I've done about 5 updates with no problem prior to this :/

I might try to go down to 1.5.2 and then back up again.

• i just made a big cock up i answerd this post by clicking on the report button by mistake sorry to all for that im losing it..
    ill try again :wacko:

Try backing up your USB stick to Pc/ Mac then format the Stick on the KPA, then copy back files other than the update Kaos.bin.
    Download a fresh copy unpack and copy the files to your USB stick and try loading again.
    This worked for me :thumbup:

Steve
    Mainly my own built valve amps and Kemper

• Using the KPA to format the same USB I've used for upgrades and trying again to upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.6.0 did not work for me.
    Upgrading from 1.5.2 > 1.5.4 > 1.6.0 also did not work.

Edit:
    Success!
    Downgrading back to 1.5.2 from 1.5.4 then trying 1.6.0 again worked.
    I do notice that the "Last Imported Rigs" do not show the most recent rigs I had imported but do show a list of imported rigs from a while back.
    No big deal since the new rigs are there when browsing "All Rigs"
    Thank again for the help!

Edited 2 times, last by paltomare ().

• Using the KPA to format the same USB I've used for upgrades and trying again to upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.6.0 did not work for me.
    Upgrading from 1.5.2 > 1.5.4 > 1.6.0 also did not work.

Please report this to support. Include a backup and the exact error message (btw what did it say?).

Timo

• Please report this to support. Include a backup and the exact error message (btw what did it say?).

Timo

Finally had some success, see edit above.

Prior to this the process would get to 99% and then fails "Update has Failed. There was a problem reading update data" ...