Cabinet "room" setting

• It would be a wonderful addition to add a "Room" setting in the Cabinet part of the Stack section. That would free up the reverb to still be used as normal, but give more life to the sound, particularly with headphones (as per Will Chen's excellent suggestion). When using the reverb for a room sound, there is a slight modulation effect.

In essence, it's like moving the mic away from the cab to get more room reflections. Axe has this option (but I still didn't get the level of realism as with the KPA. Which is why it's gone, baby, gone. LOL!)

• By the way, using the Ambience setting under Hall type does not have the modulation effect when using the KPA's reverb for room sound. Still, the primary reason for this thread is to free up the reverb section for reverb.

• The POD HD500 had an early reflections parameter in the cab section which at subtle settings did a good job at adding some air around the sound. Pretty much all my favorite profiles have that subtly already baked in. IMHO, what makes my reverb trick most effective is the stereo image which results with the reverb versus the mono without. It sound much more like a room in which you would hear a stereo image due to the reflections. Due to the principal of masking, I'm not entirely sure having dual reverbs is going to play out like you're imagining.

• It would be good to have a room effect that is separate from the reverb fx block but I think it should be accessed from
    the output section for headphones and that it should only be on the headphone out, too easy to forget and leave it on the other outputs.

2005 gibson lp standard faded/frankenstein tele->kemper->adam a3x/LD systems mon 121

• Excellent! Even better than my suggestion, for sure.

And, it must absolutely be in stereo, as Will C has proposed (which is why it might be possible in the headphone out, but not in the cabinet section). That makes so much sense to hear your cab in stereo. Much more realistic.

Thanks guys! I hope they get this one done. That will be awesome.

It would be good to have a room effect that is separate from the reverb fx block but I think it should be accessed from
    the output section for headphones and that it should only be on the headphone out, too easy to forget and leave it on the other outputs.

• It would be good to have a room effect that is separate from the reverb fx block but I think it should be accessed from

I'm with ya on this. I'm sure they could have a selection of rooms, similar to the ones in the reverb section.

• I was always hoping we would have this room setting as in the stomp section... no way of forgetting it's on if it's got it's own light

not just for headphones either :)

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Hmm, just realised when I read Steveo's post that some people including myself use headphones but not only from
    the headphone out on the kemper but also from the sound interface or monitoring system via the kempers line outs.

Still think it should be in the output section as it should be a global setting in my opinion, maybe the output light could flash to indicate it as active
    if activated on the line outs.

2005 gibson lp standard faded/frankenstein tele->kemper->adam a3x/LD systems mon 121

• More good points. It is still a nice feature when using monitors, and I'm sure it would be for recording as well.

The need for it to be in stereo is essential IMO, instead of in the Stomp section as per my OP. Besides, we want to keep those Stomp sections open.