Posts by pima1234

I absolutely agree. This is not meant to try and pinpoint any shortcomings or in any way cause detriment to the company or anything. A valid question (well, series of questions), with some good points.

Just Nick had an interesting post about guitar sounds in a mix not that long ago. I don't think it was greatly appreciated among the TGP community, but I certainly thought it was insightful.

Agreed. I think I need to keep playing with it.

Better headphones and monitors will go a long way. I'm working on it, but we've been hit with some large, unexpected expenses lately. (Ah, married life... with kids.)

[quote='pima1234',index.php?page=Thread&postID=68950#post68950]I think you need to become more familiar with the bandwidth and frequency controls. The Kemper can do a perfectly pristine delay which is an exact copy of your tone. Not sure how it would be possible for it to lack lows unless you've dialed it in as such. Unless you're wanting your delay to have more low end that your original signal, it can't do that.

Will,

I don't mean that the KPA delays should have the level of control found on pedals such as the Strymon El Cap. (It almost seems unfair to hold anything else to that standard! lol)

I mean, with the mix control low, delays lack low frequency depth. At least, as CK has pointed out, in my perception. That's a tough one. Mix level shouldn't impact low end frequency response. Of course, too much low end can make delays very muddy.

Control over the KPA reverb modulation using the same control as found in the delays would be amazing.

[quote='pima1234',index.php?page=Thread&postID=68744#post68744]What exactly do you mean by depth, modulation depth? Yes very much so. I requested some time back for individual wow and flutter controls on the delay to fine tune the modulation rather than the single control. One of the sounds/effects I most miss from my GSP1101.

Yes. There is no modulation control.

This is a feature I have been meaning to request.

It would be wonderful to tune the modulation of the reverb. I would love to have some reverbs with little to no modulation, but also a way to get into some of the extremes like Mr. Black pedals and the wonderful Neunaber Wet. Adding shimmer would be tremendous too, even though I personally don't use it much.

For that matter, I feel the delays need a depth control.

Yea! Suggestions made here are heard and considered. That is marvelous, and great business.

I think the idea of a headphone "space" setting is a must. The Axe has something like that, in that you can "move" the "mic" back to add room. It works... of course, I now own the KPA.

This will free up the reverb to used for... well... reverb.

Will's suggestion works. The space setting is just a more practical solution and a major upgrade, IMO.

Thanks for listening.

Yeah, I think I get what you mean, and you're right.

It's definitely different than running a delay into the front of an amp. But of course, that causes problems with the gain up on the amp.

Thank you Don. I'll keep working with it.

I think the delays are very good, and I particularly like the parameters that can be adjusted. Makes for some enjoyable and interesting sounds and soundscapes.