Cannot control Modulation on the Reverb

• Bandwidth and Frequency do control the modulation in Reverb. Set them both to 0 and you have no modulation

Bandwidth & Frequency no not control the modulation. It selects the Frequency of the reverb & Bandwidth... uhh

• that's good news! some "neutral" reverb would be surely most welcome :thumbup:

Sure, but modulated reverb tails are a trick Lexicon used in their early and famous algorithms (think 224 and 480L) and they are part of the legendary charme of those reverbs. Actually they just put a chorus behind the reverb. I'm pretty sure Kemper knows about that trick and used it here. Would be nice to just turn it off when you don't want that chorused Lexicon sound.

• Will,

I don't mean that the KPA delays should have the level of control found on pedals such as the Strymon El Cap. (It almost seems unfair to hold anything else to that standard! lol)

I mean, with the mix control low, delays lack low frequency depth. At least, as CK has pointed out, in my perception. That's a tough one. Mix level shouldn't impact low end frequency response. Of course, too much low end can make delays very muddy.

Control over the KPA reverb modulation using the same control as found in the delays would be amazing.

[quote='pima1234',index.php?page=Thread&postID=68744#post68744]What exactly do you mean by depth, modulation depth? Yes very much so. I requested some time back for individual wow and flutter controls on the delay to fine tune the modulation rather than the single control. One of the sounds/effects I most miss from my GSP1101.

• I'm all for more controls, but if things start to get too heavy then I'd want to switch to a hierarchical overview instead of just pages and pages of barely related entries.

I'm also all for improvements to the KPA reverb. I really do think that reverb is the most important component at this point (in the search for realism or at least "natural" sounding profiles), we have the sound of the amps nailed but as good as the KPA reverb is I still think it could be better when you need to get that distant mic'd sound or a little bit of the air pumping sound. And I really hope we'll be able to double up verbs at some point so you can have one verb doing the "room" and another for the "studio" sound.

• Whilst I did not buy the KPA for Reverb.
    If I had known of this issue then it might have postponed or swayed my purchase of the unit.
    As I am mainly using the Kemper for use with Pedal Steel Guitar. The Reverb is the most important effect.

P.S.
    Are there any other pedal steel players out there using the profiler?

• I think you need to become more familiar with the bandwidth and frequency controls. The Kemper can do a perfectly pristine delay which is an exact copy of your tone. Not sure how it would be possible for it to lack lows unless you've dialed it in as such. Unless you're wanting your delay to have more low end that your original signal, it can't do that.

• Agreed. I think I need to keep playing with it.

Better headphones and monitors will go a long way. I'm working on it, but we've been hit with some large, unexpected expenses lately. (Ah, married life... with kids.)

[quote='pima1234',index.php?page=Thread&postID=68950#post68950]I think you need to become more familiar with the bandwidth and frequency controls. The Kemper can do a perfectly pristine delay which is an exact copy of your tone. Not sure how it would be possible for it to lack lows unless you've dialed it in as such. Unless you're wanting your delay to have more low end that your original signal, it can't do that.