Posts by pima1234

Has the delay frequency response been discussed here?

I find that the highs are there but the delays are often lacking in the bass frequencies. Of course, too much bass on repeats = total mud.

Any recommendations?

Out of pure curiosity, how much memory does the KPA contain and what is the processing speed?

I understand if this is proprietary information that cannot be disclosed.

Thanks.

Something I said on TGP:

Play the AC30 top boost and A-57 Twin Clean and tell me there's a lack of high end. Seriously. I'm so happy about FW 1.6. Let's treat the designer of this fine product with the respect he deserves.

Any change has been for the better.

Plain and simple, some profiles sound better than others (and often times, it's largely subjective).

More good points. It is still a nice feature when using monitors, and I'm sure it would be for recording as well.

The need for it to be in stereo is essential IMO, instead of in the Stomp section as per my OP. Besides, we want to keep those Stomp sections open.

You make an excellent point. It is a very good comparison.

And this is not to mention that unless your tube amp is close to you on stage, there is going to be some latency, not to mention if it's miked and played through the house.

I haven't even thought about latency with the KPA. Yes, if I go back and forth between it and a tube amp, there are various difference. Of course there are. So many variables and factors involved in this.

How come these professional musicians aren't bothered by the latency they would experience on this stage, but a guitarist sitting at home in his lounge is so bothered by the very same latency?

[Blocked Image: http://wfld.images.worldnow.com/images/19622286_BG1.jpg]

Excellent! Even better than my suggestion, for sure.

And, it must absolutely be in stereo, as Will C has proposed (which is why it might be possible in the headphone out, but not in the cabinet section). That makes so much sense to hear your cab in stereo. Much more realistic.

Thanks guys! I hope they get this one done. That will be awesome.

It would be good to have a room effect that is separate from the reverb fx block but I think it should be accessed from
    the output section for headphones and that it should only be on the headphone out, too easy to forget and leave it on the other outputs.

What I was hearing was higher notes that should not be there. Not the intermodulation. I'm used to that. I remember the first time I tried to copy that sound from the end of Working Man. I thought it was just the craziest thing.

Those unwanted overtones are now basically gone from the KPA. I can still hear a little in my AKG K240 Studio cans, but they have a strong bump in the highs. Need better headphones!

By the way, using the Ambience setting under Hall type does not have the modulation effect when using the KPA's reverb for room sound. Still, the primary reason for this thread is to free up the reverb section for reverb.

It would be a wonderful addition to add a "Room" setting in the Cabinet part of the Stack section. That would free up the reverb to still be used as normal, but give more life to the sound, particularly with headphones (as per Will Chen's excellent suggestion). When using the reverb for a room sound, there is a slight modulation effect.

In essence, it's like moving the mic away from the cab to get more room reflections. Axe has this option (but I still didn't get the level of realism as with the KPA. Which is why it's gone, baby, gone. LOL!)

It would be nice to have a "room" setting in the Cabinet section. That would do it. If you use the reverb for a room feel, there is a slight modulation effect. I'm using that right now in fact.