Cannot control Modulation on the Reverb

• Hi
    I have had the KPA since September 2012, & I generally like the unit.
    I use the KPA for Pro Studio work & live use with my Pedal Steel Guitar
    The worst thing about the KPA is that all of the reverbs have a modulation on them.
    This modulation cannot be controlled or turned off.
    When playing where the notes are not sustained the reverb sounds fine. but when holding a note or chord the reverb sounds as though is has “wow & flutter” on
    This is very annoying.

Please please can you develop the reverb so it does not have any modulation on, or at least have some control over.

Thanking you in anticipation

Arthur

• I cannot see that any modulation is on are am I missing something?

Page 2 of the reverb settings, can you tell me what values you have? Here I have modulation only if I want to, the tails are not modulated....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• The only reverb with any form of modulation that I can hear is the matchbox which is a spring reverb sim (and thus has that shimmer built in), change the type to another type and you should be fine.

If you're still hearing modulation then the place to check would be any effect before reverb, e.g. delays which all have modulation controls, or if you have a modulation stomp in another slot.

Otherwise can you post the rig and a clip of how it sounds to you? Could be a soundcard issue.

• Bandwidth and Frequency do control the modulation in Reverb. Set them both to 0 and you have no modulation

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• The Reverb settings on page one are:
    For Hall
    Mix 37% Del + Bal + 58% Time 6.3 Damping 1.0
    Page two:
    Pre Delay 160 ms Bandwidth 0.0 Frequency 0.0 Volume 0.0
    There is no modulation control on the reverb page!
    I don't have any Delay on
    I don't have any Compression on
    I don't have any Modulation effect on
    I don't have any Stomp box on

• Have tried it with 2 different rigs and your settings. One rig clean, the other one crunched. Didn't try high-gain though.
    I haven't found any issues. The only thing I can hear is a slight phase cancellation effect in the very background. But I consider this brilliantly natural.

Since you didn't post the second page Ducking parameter, I guess you're on a vintage firmware? :D

Cheers,
    Martin

• Yes. There is no modulation control.

This is a feature I have been meaning to request.

It would be wonderful to tune the modulation of the reverb. I would love to have some reverbs with little to no modulation, but also a way to get into some of the extremes like Mr. Black pedals and the wonderful Neunaber Wet. Adding shimmer would be tremendous too, even though I personally don't use it much.

For that matter, I feel the delays need a depth control.

• What exactly do you mean by depth, modulation depth? Yes very much so. I requested some time back for individual wow and flutter controls on the delay to fine tune the modulation rather than the single control. One of the sounds/effects I most miss from my GSP1101.

• Page 2 of the reverb settings, can you tell me what values you have? Here I have modulation only if I want to, the tails are not modulated....

Sorry but the tails are modulated, can you not hear that?

• Have tried it with 2 different rigs and your settings. One rig clean, the other one crunched. Didn't try high-gain though.
    I haven't found any issues. The only thing I can hear is a slight phase cancellation effect in the very background. But I consider this brilliantly natural.

Since you didn't post the second page Ducking parameter, I guess you're on a vintage firmware? :D

Cheers,
    Martin

Sorry I forgot to incude the ducker - that would not make any difference anyway

I am on the latest firmware 1.6 (downloaded it last night) just do not make any difference

• Sorry I forgot to incude the ducker - that would not make any difference anyway

I am on the latest firmware 1.6 (downloaded it last night) just do not make any difference

I have tried all rigs it does not make any difference.
    The reverb has modulation on
    There must be other people that can hear it

Edited once, last by James ().