Programmable separate effect looping possibility to free up the X slot for EQ

• Whilst I certainly agree and support where the Delay and Reverb are currently in the chain as they work beautifully for guitar I would like the option
    to be able to over ride either of these " 2 slots" with another/additional effects loop.

There are times I would rather use my Eventide H8000 where the Delay Or Reverb currently are as I use the existing loop up front for an OD pedal.
    Why do I need the loop? Because if the KPA had a custom scales harmonizer I wouldn't have to use the Eventide H8000.

This then begs the question what physical in and out is available to support a second loop if it existed software wise?

• +1, it would also be kind of cool if you could set the FX loop to be in the location it is with most real amps, i.e. between pre and power, in the Kempers case that would probably mean integrated into the EQ block settings (but applied after the EQ).

I greatly agree with this. If you put it between the EQ and the Cabinet, I think it would work, since the cabinet will affect the sound. With things like delay and reverb, it's nice to have them after everything (i.e. as a post effect as you would do in the studio) but, for things like pitch effects and some modulations, they sound way too "clean" after the cabinet.

For example, I use a lot of pitch and harmony effects live and in the past being in the FX loop of an amp, the poweramp and speakers would warm up the sound and make them blend in to the overdriven guitar sound a lot better. When you put them after the cabinet, they sound REALLY synthetic and just plain terrible. They don't work at all before the amp so, my only choice is to have them after and turn them way down so they don't sound so terrible. But, it doesn't sound nearly like they did before.

That's about the only gripe I have for an otherwise amazing platform for amps and effects.

Otherwise, since I use the FX loop 100% of the time live, it would be really nice to have a "permanently enabled" effects loop as an option. Right now I have to program every profile I use to have an effects loop.

J

• For example, I use a lot of pitch and harmony effects live and in the past being in the FX loop of an amp, the poweramp and speakers would warm up the sound and make them blend in to the overdriven guitar sound a lot better. When you put them after the cabinet, they sound REALLY synthetic and just plain terrible. They don't work at all before the amp so, my only choice is to have them after and turn them way down so they don't sound so terrible. But, it doesn't sound nearly like they did before.

J

I have to say using my Eventide H8000 in the loop after the cab has the opposite effect. The H8000 and its harmony actually sounds the best it ever has.
    The tracking has improved and the noise of an actual tube amp not being there makes a big difference to the clarity of the harmonies.

• Don't need to do that, set the loop once and press Lock while on the loop menu.

I've done this for months until I discovered that many of Andy's rigs that I bought from TAF have EQ set up where I had it locked out because of my effects loop. I was missing out and didn't realize it. Having to manually "deal with" this is less than ideal and is really a functionality shortcoming. The loop should be dealt with elsewhere - not in a slot. IMHO

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• I've done this for months until I discovered that many of Andy's rigs that I bought from TAF have EQ set up where I had it locked out because of my effects loop. I was missing out and didn't realize it. Having to manually "deal with" this is less than ideal and is really a functionality shortcoming. The loop should be dealt with elsewhere - not in a slot. IMHO

You're not missing anything with Andy's post boost. It's a solution which per him is only to be used for when a volume boost is required due to a lower output guitar. He's actually resetting all his profiles with that effect disengaged.

I disagree with it not being available as a slot. What about those folks who want to use it for stomp box overdrive or other effects they want before the amp but want to use MIDI switching with the Kemper to engage/disengage? The current model is very flexible in that regard. I'm not against a secondary option to perhaps place an open loop at the very end of the chain post verb/delay but undoing current features is a bad idea. I'm can't comment on everyone's usage scenario, but for me there isn't really any case where I'm using all 8 available effects and additionally need an extra slot for the loop. I would imagine most folks doing this are trying to create a full gig setup in a single patch and that it would be more effective (and easier to switch) if certain rig/effects combination were stored as presets minimizing the amount of effects each rig requires to be on concurrently.

• You're not missing anything with Andy's post boost. It's a solution which per him is only to be used for when a volume boost is required due to a lower output guitar. He's actually resetting all his profiles with that effect disengaged.

I disagree with it not being available as a slot. What about those folks who want to use it for stomp box overdrive or other effects they want before the amp but want to use MIDI switching with the Kemper to engage/disengage? The current model is very flexible in that regard. I'm not against a secondary option to perhaps place an open loop at the very end of the chain post verb/delay but undoing current features is a bad idea. I'm can't comment on everyone's usage scenario, but for me there isn't really any case where I'm using all 8 available effects and additionally need an extra slot for the loop. I would imagine most folks doing this are trying to create a full gig setup in a single patch and that it would be more effective (and easier to switch) if certain rig/effects combination were stored as presets minimizing the amount of effects each rig requires to be on concurrently.

To clarify...

No offense but what I'm missing or not is your opinion and really misses my point completely. I used Andy's post stack EQ as an easy example. The point was I want to lock my loop on post stack 95% of the time and I have only 2 places to do it; X or Mod and when I'm using profiles that others created, their rigs might contain effects crucial to the intended rig tone that I'm not going to be aware of if I lock a loop over it.

I don't believe I would ever need a situation where I'm using all available effects either. I just don't want to have to go through hundreds of rigs to check/sort this out.

I don't want to replace the current option to set a loop wherever you want. I want to add the ability to set where the loop should be defaulted to (preferrably before/after which slot instead of selecting one to place it on) via the master menu with the ability to lock it on. If the rig I'm using conflicts (i.e. it already has a loop active) I want a visible signal (LED flashes on that slot) and I want the ability to save whether or not I choose to override my globally locked loop setting for that specific rig. Problem solved for all.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.