Tone control for bridge single coil

• For lead tones, using a bridge single coil often sounds shrill. One solution is modifying your strat and connecting one of the tone controls to the bridge pickup, but even for those who have done that mod some times it's desirable to have a single patch that takes care of setting the guitar tone control for you.

Fear not, Low pass pedal in the KPA to the rescue

:D

Try it with the following settings before the amp block:

Manual 7.3

Peak 0

Mix 83%

(leave the remaining settings at their default values)

If we had control over the slope of the low pass it would be even better, and a level control would also be nice as it'd enable this effect to be used as a boost by itself. But it's pretty nice as it is, the mix control is key for allowing some of the direct signal through and thus emulating the real life imperfections inherent to this kind of filter.

Have fun!

:)

• look again ;)

Thanks for the correction Don, however I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the way parameters are distributed across pages can be confusing at times (as my own mistake is proof of), which IMHO as a software developer is a usability issue. I'm sure there's a perfectly logical technical explanation for how the parameters were laid out in this particular stompbox, but the fact that page #2 has an empty parameter slot, despite the fact that the page right button was still lit, made me think that that was the last parameter page and thus induced an user error. Just something to consider as a possible future improvement ;)