How to connect the KPA for getting the best sound output for a profile

• hi,
    i don't own a KPA yet. I was reading that the KPA is profiling the cabinet too and that this is one of the reasons that it shouldn't be too good to run the KPA through a real amp's power section and real cabinet again - because it is running the profiled, virtual cabinet through the real cabinet. I also read that you can disable this cabinet simulation.

Anyway, how do you connect or what would be the best way to connect the KPA for playing guitar?

Should i connect it to my AV receiver (and having the cabinet simulation enabled)?
    Or should i connect it to my transistor combo amp's power amp (effects return)? Thereby enabling or disabling the cabinet simulation?

What is the best way to get the most similar sound?
    (I don't plan to run the KPA through my 5150's power amp and through my 4x12 marshall box ;)

(I'm currently having a line 6 x3 live connected to my combo transistors amps power section by the effects return jack. The amp is a H+K Attax 80. I've set up the x3 as being run through the combo pwr amp - by this it is disabling the cabinet simulation but it sounds not as good, however having it run through the pwr amp with enabled cab simulation by choosing "direct signal" is also not as good.)

Thanks, tobi

BTW: my AV receiver is having Elac speakers - model ELR 65 connected - 42 ··· 22.000 Hz

• You can do both.
    Since Version 1.5 the KPA features 'cabdriver' which retains some of the original characteristics of the cab (though it is switched off) on monitor out. Therefore the KPA will sound very good through your Attax 80 as well as through the return of your 5150.

Going through your receiver will of course soud very good as well if it's of good quality and powerful enough.

• What sounds better?

Are there some samples of the same profile running it with and without cabdriver through an amp or hifi receiver?

• Well, I made a YT shootout a while ago between the Atomic FRFR (KPA with cab ON), the Camper FR (KPA with cab ON) and a Mustang III with cabdriver on moitor out (=cab OFF).
    In the end it's down to preferences. IMO the winner of this shootout clearly was the Mustang III (that's why I sold both my Atomics afterwards).

• Well, I made a YT shootout a while ago between the Atomic FRFR (KPA with cab ON), the Camper FR (KPA with cab ON) and a Mustang III with cabdriver on moitor out (=cab OFF).
    In the end it's down to preferences. IMO the winner of this shootout clearly was the Mustang III (that's why I sold both my Atomics afterwards).

Do you have a link to that? I'm just curious to see. After hearing that, though, I think I'm glad I settled with my Peavey Nashville 400 instead of springing for an expensive FRFR.

• Do you have a link to that? I'm just curious to see. After hearing that, though, I think I'm glad I settled with my Peavey Nashville 400 instead of springing for an expensive FRFR.

Here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NFGzxD3OJI

German with English subtitles. ;)