What do people say about your tone / your Kemper after a gig or rehearsal?

• Hi guys,

perhaps there is a Topic for that, but I couldn't find it yet.

What do people told you after a gig?

I often hear things like "Oh my God - what is this thing? Some kind of 'Time Machine'?"
    I hate this :D

But my experience is, that everybody is really excited about my Kemper Tone.
    Never heard something bad.

One guy asked me, if there are different mic'd tube amps in an other room, which I control over my 'Space Shuttle'. Really imaginative :D

Best experience was in a studio for a while.
    The sound engineer told me, that he never heard something great like this.
    I couldn't disagree. :love:

What are your experiences in the studio or at a gig?

• I must admit sometimes I am a bit jealous, when they come and talk about "that funny thing with all those lights" and about the guitar sounding so good. Then something inside me is moaning:"why don't they talk about my ever so extraordinary, glorious, splendid music and fast fingers and such...? :evil:

The funniest comment was from a sound engineer of Berliner radio station RBB: "Wat'n ditte? Is det My First Sony?" And he insisted in putting a microphone in front of my RCA NX 12 sma, just because:"That's what we always do with guitar amps!"

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• At last Saturday's gig, a person asked me what I was playing through, because he didn't see a guitar amp onstage.

I pointed to the Kemper, and he said "But.....with what you are using, your guitar should sound processed. It shouldn't sound to me like you are using an amp. "

As it turns out, he is a Nashville session guitarist, and was in town for a party. He was familiar with the Kemper, but had never heard someone use one. Needless to say, he liked it :)

• I had a former Nashville producer/guitarist(now lives in No CA) comment on Saturday that my tone though the P.A. was one of the best he'd heard and thought the Rivera profile was dead on...

• usually when I do gigs, people don't ask about my amp: they buy it...........

I have been told that after my 2012 tour, from july to december I contributed to the selling of 15 KPA..............not bad, uh?

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• The best I had was back in January last year. At that time I was using an old Marshall SS keyboard amp for small club gigs. I was busy tearing down and another (well known here, "old fart" great guitar player) comes along and says: "great tone, old Marshall tubes have something magic. BTW: what is that funny green box on top of it?"
    :D:D that made my day! :D:D

Another time a sound guy was looking in the back wondering where the Tubes are hiding....

2011 was really the beginning of a new Era...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Considering I own one of the few KPAs in my country, the "what the hell is that thing" comment happens every time. But the funniest one was from two friends who had read about the Kemper and knew what it does, and were able to guess what the profile I was using was based on - great ears! It was a Marshall JMP1 preamp with a TS9 in front of it BTW.

• I do gigs where there isn't much chance to get feedback from other players.

Occasionally I will take the KPA and an RCF 310A active monitor to a "jam" setting. The comments are usually a dismissive "What the fuck is that THING?" as if some "unclean" object has been put on the deck.

After I play?

Almost without variance, the statement/question is: " What the FUCK is THAT Thing?"

Then the conversation is about where to buy and how much.
    :thumbup:

• LOL :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Yesterday i was in a gig and a friend of mine, who has been always working as a tech in PA's (his father is a sound engineer and he owns a PA too) told me "At first i didn't see the big radio behind you and i was pretty sure you were using an amp and not that damn thing" :thumbup:

Other people ask "what's that strange design concept??"

And then it's alla about price, bla, bla bla, and on how cool is to go to a reharshal with a small monitor and a strange radio :D

• The last amp I bought before the KPA was a Marshall Class 5. I have a former bandmate and good friend who is now living in a different city and we only meet occasionally and only follow each others live via facebook.

Anyway, we had met on christmas in our both hometown and talked about gear and I told him I got a Marshall again (after years of playing mainly Fender and some Boogie). When we were together in a band I was playing an old plexi Marshall and he always loved my sound back then.

Then I got the Kemper and recorded a demo with it (with the Golub Crunch profile) and shared the link via Facebook. He instantly commented with "your Class 5 sounds great. Finally you sound as good as in our old times. There's nothing like a Marshall, ey?"

When I told him it was the KPA he couldn't believe it and thought I was cheating on him.

• I often get the "that's a great sound - where is your amp". Especially when guys sub in our band. People tend to think it looks odd... which it does. I like it.

I edit my posts because of typos. Me mind be moving faster than me fingers!

• Woooow!!
    I was a little bit worried going from my verry good old
    RIVERA TBR1SL stereo tube amp to Kemper in a live situation. But to day I
    bringd it out live and could not get more exited to get home writing
    about it in Kemper forum. I never had a better sound they all say.I gona
    bring it to the next gig now and I think I gona retiring all my other
    gear. Recomended for all you guitar players out there. He he! Kemper
    should pay me for this :)
    .Som other things i found out is that using the noisgate in the stomps
    meny work much better than the other noisgate, when I want my hi gain
    sound to clean up and get as loud, using the compression funktion in the
    amp meny. :) I havent byed the Kemper power amp yet, Im using a stereo monitor slave with guitar speakers,works great but are heavy.

Edited 3 times, last by strengdal ().