shared folder/favorites behavior question

• If I download and put ten profiles in my shared folder on the thumb drive, put thumb drive into KPA and import, dial up and try out those profiles, changing and saving three of them (which puts them in my favorites folder) then shut down KPA and put thumb drive back into computer can I then delete all ten of them from the thumb drive or do the three I saved not get created inside the KPA hard drive? I read the Favorites folder only holds shortcuts to the profile...but is it a short cut to the thumbdrive location or did the process create copies of them on the KPA hard drive?

And if it did create a copy of them then is there a copy of all ten of them on the hard drive and I need to go into the KPA to delete the seven I didn't want to keep?

Sorry, I know I could look but I can't get to my KPA right now...

• If you import them again you'll have them double with different settings. All imported profiles remains until you delete them.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• When you import they are saved in the KPA. If you modify them in any way, and import again with the same rigs on the USB stick, it will import again, as the timestamp no longer matches. The KPA doesn't save any links to anything on the USB.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• You had 10 rigs on your Thumb Drive in the "Share" folder.

You hit "Import", so all 10 went to your KPA. They now exist on your Thumb drive and your KPA's internal memory.

You modified 3 rigs and stored them. If you don't want the other 7, you need to manually select and delete each one.

You need to remove those original 10 rigs from your Thumb Drive's "Shared" folder so you don't re-Import them and have the 3 originals side-by-side to the 3 rigs you just tweaked. Create a new Folder called "Rigs" on your Thumb drive or home computer and store all 10 rigs there for the future, removing them from the "Share" folder so that it is now empty.

You want to empty your Share folder after imports to clear away them as clutter for future imports.