new Definition button for fighting with different guitars ???

• Few moths a go there was a thread about adjusting KPA parameters according to different guitars , often SC versus HB's .
    CK comment was to try to use Definition button in Amp section .
    Of course I did try it , and some results are obvious , you can open that dark/fat HB sound or fatten and make it less twangy that Fender SC ...
    But not too much , if everything else is the same no way my YJM strat will sound through Mesa as my another fat, HB's guitar does sound .

To be clear , I don't need this feature , since I have dedicated profiles for each and every guitar, and I do not mix them .

For the new users -analogy : I simply play Fender Strat through Fender Twin Reverb , and LP guitar through Mesa, no hassle .

In one moment in pre KPA era I used to have a mighty Road King II Dual Rectifier , amp build for Supermen 8o (98 lbs = avg 44 kg combo !!! 8| and where is another 61 lbs=30 kg in Mesa horizontal cab ?)
    An I can remember than my Strat YJM settings was 30-40 % turnerd more up per each button than for my HB' guitars .
    Some nice high gain with LPysh guitar was sound just like a nice crunch with Strat

:rolleyes:

So what is my question ?
    Is this really might possible to udate and improve definition button up to that level , that one can play some crazy high gain Mesa achieving nice sound both with tiny strat single coil and Lp-ysh guitar, just with one turn in Definition button ??

I repeat, I don't need it , but it will be nice to have , and it will keep Fractal busy for another 5 years to copy that..

:D

8)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• well, in times of anti-feature-movements gaining grounds this might be a tough one, but i like the idea :thumbup::P

• I really embrace the fact that different guitars sound and react different when plugged into the KPA. I personally have no desire to plug in my Strat and have it sound like a Les Paul.

• Why not?
    If You don,t need to bring with You a lot of guitars on tour? 8)
    That would be something between the Variax and the Rolands VG99, but without the need of the hexaphonic pickups, I think.... 8)

• You can create stomp presets to do this to a great degree with EQ.

It would be a nice move forward in technology if Kemper added a "humbucker to single coil" stomp, and a "single coil to humbucker" stomp. Of course, neither one could change the type of wood or scale length, but they could expand the sonic palate of the Kemper in a good way.

Actually, that is exactly the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that CK seems to prefer for his stomp additions. I would really welcome a stomp like that! :thumbup:

• We can create stomp presets to do this fairly well with EQ.

I appreciate that the Kemper doesn't make all my guitars sound the same, too. But, it would be great to be able to do less guitar switching live. That kind of feature, implemented better than ever before, could attract additional users to the Kemper. .

I think It would be a nice move forward in technology if Kemper could add a "humbucker to single coil" stomp, and a "single coil to humbucker" stomp. Of course, neither one could change the type of wood or scale length, but they could expand the sonic palate of the Kemper in a good way.

• You can create stomp presets to do this to a great degree with EQ.

It would be a nice move forward in technology if Kemper added a "humbucker to single coil" stomp, and a "single coil to humbucker" stomp. Of course, neither one could change the type of wood or scale length, but they could expand the sonic palate of the Kemper in a good way.

This is a feature offered by Digitech in the RP line of floor boards and in the GT line from Boss. In both applications it works OK, but no where near as effective as simply swapping out guitars.

• nothing better than swapping guitars , indeed !
    The best Kemper feature is different response to different guitars, so far ....
    Absolute difference on the same profile between my YJM Strat and say Tom Anderson Drop Top with powerful HB's and mahogany body is amazing ......two separate worlds...earth and sky ...and lets leave it like that ! :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)