Two microphones

• You can use any number of mic configurations. You could even run into a mixer to allow for different volume levels from each specific mic. You would then run into the return per manual description.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Yes, it works - be aware of phase cancelation effects when using two or more mic's.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I used two different type mics close together when doing my JTM30 and it turned out very well. My logic was that combining the different frequency characteristics of the mics would lead to a more balanced overall sound.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I used two different type mics close together when doing my JTM30 and it turned out very well. My logic was that combining the different frequency characteristics of the mics would lead to a more balanced overall sound.

Just what I'm looking for too. I would like to try a ribbon mic together with my trusty SM57.

• Many of us have used a Condenser + Dynamic mic combination. It works just as well as when used for recording.

I think all of us are answering your first question (about using a small mixer).

In terms of your second question:
    I don't know that it is possible to use the line in as a second input when profiling, but that is something that has been suggested as a new feature.

• Andy suggested I put my TLM103 about 8" from the grill and my SM57 on the grill, I did that at a 45 degree angle about an inch in and pointing towards the edge of the cone.

I go through 2 separate preamps (because they are both only 1 channel), a UA LA610 which is a warm tube preamp for the Nuemann and has a compressor to tame it (I also used the 15db pad) and a Chameleon 7602 which is a solid state Neve clone for the Shure.

I got what I thought were my best profiles that way, than using single mics or going further away with the TLM (which gave me phase problems)

I combined the signal and went in on one line input on the KPA. Do a few different profiles to see if you have phase issues.

Or submit them to the Forum for feedback.

• Thanks for all the input. So, what you say is that the alternate input does not yet work together with the
    regular line input to make a "stereo" profile? I would like to try to keep the signal chain a clean as possible,
    therefore I thought the dual preamp and the two line inputs omn the KPA would be ideal.
    The only mixer I have access to is a crappy Behringer UB802. I also have a Xenyx 1222 but only wired
    as a monitor mixer.

• I would also use headphones from the mixer while you play with separate microphone placement as you can really hear the difference with only slight changes.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• A was just reading the manual a little more carefully and it's clear now that the alternate input is used with the
    direct out to create an external mono send/stereo return effects loop. I was too quick to jump to conclusions... ^^