Copying Cabinets from Rig to Rig destroys my Rigs???

• Hi Guys... Maby somebody can help me and can explain me how this works or how this is to use.

I profiled all my amps... Bogner Shiva, Blues Deluxe, Marshalls, Bulldog, AC30,.... In different settings. OK thats no problem... The result is very good.. basically.. and I stored them each as a single Rig. Like the names Shiva clean, Shiva cranked, Shiva lead....

After that I reviewed my tags in the Rigs and under the section Cabinets I saw that the KPA always set wrong names as cabinet and microphone and so on. It seems that the KPA used the settings from the initially loaded rig when i started my profiling session and stored them within the rig... Which is totally crap. Would be better if nothing is in.

Ok.. what I did is I loaded my first clean rig from the Shiva... Shiva clean... And edited the tag and putted in the Cab informations.... After that I stored that as a CAB PRESET....

Now it comes... I assigned this cab preset to each of the Shiva rigs because I profiled all this profiles with the same Cab...nothing wrong I guess...so I assigned it also to Shiva cranked and for Shiva lead too..... The result is all three Rigs sound identical now.....

WHY????

Where are now the profiled differences stored? I expected them in the Amp section an never in the Cab section?

What is stored in the Cab Preset? What is stored in the Amp preset?

I have read the positive thing on the KPA is that you can save and store nearly everything on the KPA... Ok but what is really stored where....

Maybe somebody can help me to understand how the KPA thinks...

gianfranco di mare: Can you help me ?(

...I had a lot of equipment... but 2012 I got the KPA.... :)

• It seems that the KPA used the settings from the initially loaded rig when i started my profiling session and stored them within the rig... Which is totally crap. Would be better if nothing is in.

just build an empty default rig and use this as the starting point. this is common practise with all programmable devices and up to the user.

II assigned it also to Shiva cranked and for Shiva lead too..... The result is all three Rigs sound identical now.....

WHY????

very dramatic. hehehe...

sounds like you saved a Stack local preset., not a Cabinet one.
    btw. you don't need to save a cabinet as a local preset to use it with other rigs.
    With the cabinet section selected, turn Browse and select 'from Rigs'

• DonPetersen: How I can make an EMPTY RIG? Any ideas? How to delete the binary content of an Rig record? ?(

...I had a lot of equipment... but 2012 I got the KPA.... :)