dxr active speakers

• Just to add some technical info, the DXR10 is one of the loudest speakers in its class - it has 1100W RMS and 131 dB SPL. For comparison, the QSC K10 is 1000W RMS and 129 dB SPL.

• So DXR 10 ? DXR 12 ? why not DXR 15 ?

will this work for bass too ?

Is 1 monitor enough ( and enough loud) if i dont care of stereo ?

Let me put this way: the DXR10 can be *extremely* loud, really over the top and has way more power than I'll ever need. And I'm talking about just one, to be honest I can't see myself using two, especially with the Kemper since I use its monitor out and leave the stereo outs for FOH. And BTW when I say it's loud, I mean it's loud even on clean tones, this thing has a ton of headroom.

My choice of 10" over 12" or 15" is based on the fact that they're lighter, more compact, and since all of these speakers use bass-reflex construction, they have plenty of low end - I haven't tried, but my guess is they'll work with bass just fine.

• Im lead guitarist and lead vox. We play Welcome to the jungle and Sweet Child Of Mine. The secret is all down to arranging. I pick the main/best bit from both guitar parts and play it like that. Go check us out on facebook we are called "The Floating Greyhounds" one or two songs we play that have main keyboard parts in the original song, we use a click track :thumbup:

Im lead guitarist and lead vox. We play Welcome to the jungle and Sweet Child Of Mine. The secret is all down to arranging. I pick the main/best bit from both guitar parts and play it like that. Go check us out on facebook we are called "The Floating Greyhounds" one or two songs we play that have main keyboard parts in the original song, we use a click track :thumbup:

Yay for another Norfolk boy with a Kemper!

• I always use mine on a stand, but there's a switch on the back for adjusting response for using it as a floor monitor like in the Atomic CLR, never tried it though.

• Just picked up 2 dxr12s... absolutely phenomenal.. LOVE them

Me to picked up 2 DXR 12s. Awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have a small question.
    I want to use "monitor" and "direct out" connected to the DXR 12s.
    On the "master page", you can set the "Monitor" = "Master Left" and "Direct" = "Master Right", ( if I remember correctly).
    Although I set the same volume on both so is it different levels out from KPA ?(

If I try the "Master Left and Right" outputs I have the same level :!:

My idea is to set so that "Monitor" and "Direct" follows the "Master Volume Control" and then send a separate mix from XLR Left and Right to "house system" that is not affected by the "Master Volume control."

How does it work for you other guys who run in stereo ?
    Have you tested this config ?
    Do you have different levels out in that case ?

My KPA run on ver 2.0.0 beta.

// Björn

• As far as I remember there is no true stereo with monitor and direct out. I can't tell you the exact reason, but I'm sure someone else on the forum can. But you can go the other way: Main Outs for stereo with the DXR's on stage and Monitor Out to FOH. Nobody in the audience cares about stereo guitars on FOH. And it can be a disadvantage with stereo effects, because people on one side of the FOH-speakers are hearing this side louder (or only this side). For example with a delay it can sound very strange...

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

Edited once, last by Kempermaniac ().

• A little correction : The only thing you can't do with monitor out is to have cabdriver on both outputs.
    Other than that choosing master out L and R for the outputs should have the same results as using the main outputs.
    I have to check this myself.
    If true this should be reported as a bug.

• A little correction : The only thing you can't do with monitor out is to have cabdriver on both outputs.
    Other than that choosing master out L and R for the outputs should have the same results as using the main outputs.
    I have to check this myself.
    If true this should be reported as a bug.

There's no need for cabdriver, because with the DXR's he's going FRFR. He will have to choose a cab from inside the KPA, otherwise it will sound very poor through the DXR's.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• There's no need for cabdriver, because with the DXR's he's going FRFR. He will have to choose a cab from inside the KPA, otherwise will sound very poor through the DXR's.

Yes, I know. The DXR's don't need cabdriver because they are FRFR.
    I was only referring to the differences between the main and monitor outputs.
    Definitely you should have true stereo on monitor out.