Profile an amp through a TwoNotes Torpedo cab sim?

• I was wondering if anyone has successfully made profiles with the amp running into a reactive load and speaker sim like the Torpedo?

Seems like it might be convenient for getting lots of variety without having to have all the mics and cabs as well as deal with getting them positioned properly etc.

And on that tangent is it best to have the cab isolated from the guitar when profiling?

Also wondering if anyone has recorded with a profile using monitor out/no cab into the Torpedo and how was it?

• I don't have a Torpedo but you can find some rigs on the Exchange and a lot more done with the Palmer PDI 03, if you like to listen to the results.
    If you like to use the Torpedo for recording alteady made rigs on the Kamper the best way is to download some DIRECT profiles (sheguitarplayer made some good ones) leaving the Cab section on.

• I actually owned the rack unit... VB101, I think is the model. You could use two cabs and mix them together for a more custom sound. Anyways.... I didnt really care for it to be honest. There is nothing that the Torpeco could do that I couldn't do with some of the IR's floating around out there. Anyways... just my opinion on the Torpedo. Plus I know someone who cooked his amp with one of these things.... :( $500 dollars later his amp was restored... ouch!

• I actually owned the rack unit... VB101, I think is the model. You could use two cabs and mix them together for a more custom sound. Anyways.... I didnt really care for it to be honest. There is nothing that the Torpeco could do that I couldn't do with some of the IR's floating around out there. Anyways... just my opinion on the Torpedo. Plus I know someone who cooked his amp with one of these things.... :( $500 dollars later his amp was restored... ouch!

YIKES! Before the Kemper came to light, I was actually considering one of these units. The Cab unit has some potential if you are running a pedal.

Still....hard to see how someone could damage their amp other than user error being a factor in that they didn't match up the impedance correctly? I found a few more demos of the unit that are actually very good. This is a product for someone that has the amp they absolutely love and enjoy those same sounds. There is nothing wrong with that at all.

Edited 2 times, last by PBGas ().