Using 2 profiles at once

• Good post.
    And as we all know, posted by kemper on the very first page for a very long time:

Yet to be finished:
    - Performance Mode
    - Undo/Redo

We've already been told that the librarian, footcontroller and several other features are in the works.
    We also know they always scan and listen to the users and decided to implement other more requested features before the perform mode and undo/redo.

Regarding disclosure again previously mentioned, just look at Line6 and Fractal and see what happens when a time line is set and the huge outrage that follows from a few frustrated very loud users when estimated date is not met. I think it's very wise of Kemper learning from history and not making those same mistakes with set dates. Most other companies know this too.

I'm very content knowing they are constantly working on features and improvements like their company history show. Some will be frustrated by not having a timeline or more disclosure, some have no problems with this, that's just how life is. No product can please everyone 100%.

• Ahaa, so that's what this is all about?

You want the CEO and Inventor of the Access Virus and Kemper Profiler to respond to every piece of internet Fractal firmware update hype?
    That would be a 24 hour a day job, I would think CK is too busy for that.

I don't see Marshall, or Reinhold Bogner, Paul Riviera or Randall Smith spending their lives on the internet commenting on every product released by each others respective companies...they get on with the development of their own product.

Keep in mind, when the Kemper released in January 2012 with Firmware 1, the Axe-FX, according to the internet hype, had apparently sounded "exactly like a tube amp or better" for years already.
    Made no difference did it, the Kemper was product of the year 2012 and the 'game changer' using firmware 1...so if YOU think the Kemper is going to "die" very quickly because of the latest Firmware 10 hype then think again...you couldn't be more wrong.

It's interesting how a very small minority of internet guitarists, the "I own both" club, think they have the right to take CK or Cliff Chase hostage by saying, if you don't keep up with what the other company is doing then I'm going to buy/keep the 'other' product and sell yours.
    Well, keep in mind, that small minority of guitarists makes up maybe 3% of the real world guitarists who don't take part in that 'hostage' nonsense.

• You want the CEO and Inventor of the Access Virus and Kemper Profiler to respond to every piece of internet Fractal firmware update hype?
    That would be a 24 hour a day job, I would think CK is too busy for that.

I don't see Marshall, or Reinhold Bogner, Paul Riviera or Randall Smith spending their lives on the internet commenting on every product released by each others respective companies...they get on with the development of their own product.

Keep in mind, when the Kemper released in January 2012 with Firmware 1, the Axe-FX, according to the internet hype, had apparently sounded "exactly like a tube amp or better" for years already.
    Made no difference did it, the Kemper was product of the year 2012 and the 'game changer' using firmware 1...so if YOU think the Kemper is going to "die" very quickly because of the latest Firmware 10 hype then think again...you couldn't be more wrong.

It's interesting how a very small minority of internet guitarists, the "I own both" club, think they have the right to take CK or Cliff Chase hostage by saying, if you don't keep up with what the other company is doing then I'm going to buy/keep the 'other' product and sell yours.
    Well, keep in mind, that small minority of guitarists makes up maybe 3% of the real world guitarists who don't take part in that 'hostage' nonsense.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

What a grave dissapointment your post is.

Tube amps are a completely different technology to the digital domain, it's sad you have to be reminded.
    To suggest the behaviourals of each can be compared is idiotic at best.

Nowhere did I suggest hostages or keeping one product over the other. Should I choose to do so it's my right because I can afford it and when I do it will be the superior unit regardless of your thoughts or misconceived perception of my position.

When you remove your emotion maybe you'll see exactly where I'm coming from.

BTW: I do use ( & promote) the Kemper live in public at least once a week so your presumption of my position is incorrect. I use the KPA with an Eventide 8000 to cover off harmony duties. I don't need to threaten CK as I have the bases covered off better than what the KPA will future state offer regarding harmonisation.

• Now that, i really can't understand.

You own a manual that stated that there is a performance mode that does certain things it doesn't.
    It's advertised on the site which i checked thoroughly when deciding to buy a KPA unit - i'm assuming you did as well.

How does that not count as a commitment?
    And if we paid for it - which we did - why are we not owed a timeline?

I see where you come from. OTOH, the Kemper site has stated since day one that Performance mode and Undo\Redo are on the work.
    I know, "a user is not supposed to have to visit a forum to be informed about what they're buying" etc. But my point is that I can't see the relationship between a work to be finished and a timeline to be owed. I can understand your wish to know more, your pleasure to know more, your curiosity to know more, your urge to know more and even your frustration not to know more. But this is different from being owed something, at least the way I feel it.
    OTOH, knowing a release date won't give you anything in advance or better. Honestly, this seems to me a waste of time. But I don't want to criticize anyone for feeling impatient, and, again, this might just be me :)

• I see where you come from. OTOH, the Kemper site has stated since day one that Performance mode and Undo\Redo are on the work.
    I know, "a user is not supposed to have to visit a forum to be informed about what they're buying" etc. But my point is that I can't see the relationship between a work to be finished and a timeline to be owed. I can understand your wish to know more, your pleasure to know more, your curiosity to know more, your urge to know more and even your frustration not to know more. But this is different from being owed something, at least the way I feel it.
    OTOH, knowing a release date won't give you anything in advance or better. Honestly, this seems to me a waste of time. But I don't want to criticize anyone for feeling impatient, and, again, this might just be me :)

No, you actually do have a point there - but i'm not going to demand CK does this sooner or later - just to know someone up there in management cares about the customers, because as it stands it doesn't seem so.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Thanks Quitty :)

If I get you right, you're suggesting that Kemper may not give a damn about their customers and they might leave Performance and Undo just... undone, 'cause they're selling units anyway.
    Well, I'm not entitled to talk Kemper's voice, but I can't see this happen, nor a single reason why they should not care. They're working hard to improve the device and their business, is there anything more than this to show commitment? :)
    Their "silence" (or better their not-assiduous presence) on the forum just means that they're working hard: what else might they be doing? ;) This is their business and, in terms of firm, their only reason to exist (OK, along with the Virus).
    And here comes again what I wrote some post above, about the different attitude Americans and Europeans may have towards forums. We probably talk less. As far as I know the German attitude towards work, development, commitment, I believe that inside every Engineer there's a small man asking the world: "of course I'm working on this: what else should I do"?!
    For a German, the "We're working hard and fully committed to fullfill our customers' expectations" slogan, so common on American forums, sound kind of redundant and is, basically, given for granted.

:D

• The impression that Kemper don't care about their customers can easily build up in a product forum, if there are communication flaws. Especially when pressure through user comments remains without proper feedback. Examples:

There has been quite a bit of discussion regarding combination of 2 profiles/rigs in the KPA. That's obviously something a couple of users would like to have. This can lead to some aggressive behaviour if it stays unanswered for to long. Now CK has answered that it's not possible with the current hardware because of computing power constraints. Interestingly this has stopped the pressing in a relative early stage, which is good. Just a short comment, which shows that they are aware of the request but can't do it for technical reason. Everything fine, even if the wish is still there.

There's another request regarding 48kHz / Slave capabilities for the S/PDIF connection. No comment from Kemper so far, nobody knows what to think about that. For some this would be important to know. What are the implications of either disclosing information or keeping it undisclosed? My personal take on this is, that if kemper discloses information (positive or negative) this would have no negative effect on business and competition. This is not about new invention, this is not about spectacular new feature. It's just a technical improvement request that is pretty obvious ... and some interested competitor would have noticed this issue anyway.
    So, imho, this is yet another topic that could be easily calmed if Kemper disclosed their plans ... no matter if positive or negative.

Of course there can be requests that can potentially be a competition problem if Kemper's plans are disclosed to early. This could be completely new devices like the KFC and its complete feature list ... or individual new effect types like a feedback simulation, etc.
    I don't mean to say it's easy to balance and decide what to disclose or not. But there's no reason to have a strict non-disclosure policy in place for everything. Sometimes it's just good for the product's environment to have a more open communication in certain topics. Don't forget that community talk is the most powerful marketing tool as long as you don't have the budget and time for massive marketing through advertisement and similar company driven means.

• No, you actually do have a point there - but i'm not going to demand CK does this sooner or later - just to know someone up there in management cares about the customers, because as it stands it doesn't seem so.

Quitty,

If you search for "Performance Mode" in this forum, you will quickly find the tread "FEATURE REQUEST FINISH THE GOD DAMN PRODUCT I BOUGHT NEARLY 8 MONTHS AGO AND RELEASED A YEAR AGO!" in upper letters!

There I have clearly explained myself.
    Posts like yours have changed our company policy already.
    In the future we will avoid to prepare features in hardware, that we are not about to finish in short term. This does not improve the product, but not promising and announcing future features will take the pressure from us and avoid remarkable discussions like these. I am sure you would have never asked for a Performance Mode and Undo/Redo, if it wasn't printed in the manual and labeled on the device.

The Performance Mode and Undo/Redo are not crucial tools for running the profiler. There are rarely such features in competiting products.

Anyway, due to earlier discussions about this, we have changed our schedule and order of software developement already. We have more attractive features on our ToDo list, but we will finish Performance Mode etc. first. This is not the best schedule for the product itself IMHO, but probably the best for the well-being of the users and eventually me. This is pure politics, but will hopefully prevent our product being called a beta product.

Let me tell you, we are urgently working on these features, and will release it as soon as possible.

• @ lightbox: wisely spoken! thanks dude, what a relieve to find such a good reading in this kind of thread/threat... :thumbup:

• now, this is bad news actually, but i can perfectly understand.... :S big thanks to the whiners... (please add a partial ironic smiley here, as meaning: not too serious, but still bad news for people who are more interested in the best product instead of the most streamlined marketing campaign...)

ck, please enjoy your (official german) holiday today and get some rest. if you need a drink, i'm your man ;)

• First off, a sincere thanks. That's all i (and i assume, many others) wanted and it really is appreciated.

I have to say, though - while you may have a vision for your product and i wouldn't dare argue with it, the features you printed in the manual and put on the rotary knob are the very reason we bought the KPA -
    the fact that they aren't common in other products or that you think something else might be more attractive at this point is irrelevant - i think we deserve to get the base product we were offered and paid for before anything else.
    Please don't consider this an attempt to force your hand - i wouldn't dare impose on your vision of the product, but what you don't believe is crucial for running the profiler at this point might be crucial for some of your users.
    Performance mode, for example, is actually remarkably crucial for me as a gigging musician that also works in the studio. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

Anyway, it's just good to see you are indeed involved in the forums and the discussion. This product needs the support of it's community and management and it really was all about knowing we aren't alone in this so again - thank you. :thumbup:

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Anyway, due to earlier discussions about this, we have changed our schedule and order of software developement already. We have more attractive features on our ToDo list, but we will finish Performance Mode etc. first. This is not the best schedule for the product itself IMHO, but probably the best for the well-being of the users and eventually me. This is pure politics, but will hopefully prevent our product being called a beta product.

Let me tell you, we are urgently working on these features, and will release it as soon as possible. Ckemper

Mr Kemper, thank you for your inciteful reply to everyone. I myself ( and I do gig live) would have loved to see what "you and your team" had planned in your vision,sooner then later. but alas understand you frustration and change in policy to try and make some people happy. So just enjoy your holiday and Have a beer on me. Love my KPA . Thanks Paul

• People are gigging with the Kemper now... Performance mode would probably be nice, I would rather see the Kemper team develope what is best for the users, the Kemper team, and the Kemper company first. Would you rather them not put the hardware in the unit and then make you buy a new unit for it?
    To the people that complain constantly: As soon as you get Performance mode what are you going to complain about next?

I would like to thank, again, CK and the Kemper team for making such a great product. Your efforts are greatly appreciated by many users.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

Edited once, last by Laker ().