the sound of my cream profile

• here
    is a sample of my cream profile with the xotic pedal. (already in DS).
    original on the left, me on the right channel. but sounds really awful on the laptop.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Hi Geraldo,

quick question: Is this recorded with exactly the profile which you have uploaded (Cream JTA45_RC)?? Just downloaded and tried that rig and I have to admit that it sounds completely different here. Using my Epi Joe Bonamassa LP with Burstbuckers it sounds quite muffled and it does hardly distort and stays nearly clean. So I wondered if for the recording you changed anything or used an OD Stomp to get this sound?

Thanks,
    Markus

• Same here Markus, LP wit BB 2 and 3 and not even near. Geraldo: are you putting a real RC Boost in front or did you profiled it with the boost in front? I've tried with any available boost and dist in the Kemper and is nowhere near to what I hear in the clip. I can get a lot easier in the ballpark using a S.Mehl profile (Talk To Me, lower gain and delay. A touch of Eq and I'm almost there).

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• well guys, (guitarnet and marc) this begins to look interesting :huh: so i tell you my setup

• the profile was done exactly like described in the manual, KPA out to xotic RC, xotic @ 75% gain to clean amp, etc.
    • added 10% of the gain in the kemper. done. no pre no post eq added
    • i used my charvel evh with the humbucker DIMARZIO DP166BK and i hit hard, but this HB is not the hottest available
    • recorded it straight to a track in cubase, no reverb neither from the KPA nor cubase, no delay etc.
    • mixed me to the right, joe n band to the left
    • uploaded it
    • i will try to do it again tomorrow anyway with a extra clean track and tell you what it sounds like
    • if i dont tell you there is a big difference, then, well, my guitar and my hands make it
    • that means, what other persons including davide mention again and again:
    • you are your sound :D

cheers

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• now i have recorded new material and didnt even change the gain. just out of the box. check it out.

(new thread with 4 files)