USB port doesn't always work

• Do you have a USB that has a metal guard around it, or one of those simple ones without the rectangular metal guard/guide?

Definitely try another USB stick, formatted by the Kemper. I've had dozens of those things that just stop working right. They aren't sturdy.

• I've contact the support of the company for a replacement of the problematic unit with a new one because 10 days after of using the KPA, the USB ports has completely stopped to work!
    The company suggest me to send back the unit for a repair!!!
    They don't care that they sold a new unit with a problem just out of the box, they don't care that I've contact them just the second day of the use, they don't care that I have concerts to play and I need to use the KPA because I sold my old rig to get money to buy the KPA, they don't care, they don't care...
    They care only to ask from which retailer I bought it!!!
    It's a forum where we talk all day about the technology in KPA, the great futures, the perfect sound quality etc.
    Here is something to think about the customer service of the company and the after sales department.
    I'm waiting for your thoughts.

• Mikeb, it's not hard to understand for me. The retailer of the Kemper said that the company will not accept the refund and the company accepts only the solution of repair!

Wait, so the company you bought it from will not accept returns? That is not a very good retailer. I don't know what else to say. I'm sure Kemper will fix it but you would have to ship it yourself, etc.

• It's not the retailer.It's the Kemper company which informed the retailer that the Kemper will not accept replacement!

Im not sure that is how it works. In any case, a better company would have taken care of you and then dealt with Kemper seperately. But again, I only know the company I dealt with.

• If you will explain me why a retailer doesn't want to do a refund if the company (Kemper) will accept to take back a defected item and send a new one to them, then I'll understand why you defend Kemper.

• It can be repaired, why should Kemper replace the entire unit?

If the tail light globe on your Porsche doesn't work should Porsche replace the entire car, or just replace the globe?

• The company can try to repair the unit two times before you get your money back or a replacement.

There is no right to return the unit or get your money back.
    (Its different in case you have bought online)

Your contact person is your dealer - not Kemper. The dealer has to handle all.

EU Rights

In case you can read German:
    Reparatur - Austausch

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited 2 times, last by Armin ().

• I have read the Laws for all my life and my work is in Law.Please respect my experience from my work and science. I'm saying it again and you have to know it if your a buyer and not a seller. You can choose to get your money back or replace the new defected item with a new one.

• If you work in law - then you should know that you have to talk to your dealer not to the manufacturer.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Allegretto,

As you are a man of law, you will allow me a little detailed aftermath to your case, and to defend ourselves :) :)

Our support clearly communicated to you, that we simply cannot find a decision for a swap from the distance, but we never refused it anyway.
    The correct way is, that the dealer approaches us and communicates the purchase date, which is crucial for such a decision.

• Back to the causal problem of this thread: I also found my KPA from time to time ignoring the USB-Stick put into it. Rambling and stroking or the old in-and-out-game doesn't help to get the stick accepted. Using always the same USB-Stick since 10 month, it never failed so far. Regularly my KPA accepts the ignored stick after a reboot properly. Probably sometimes a bit is fumbling inside the KPA? ?(

• If there is anyone reading this thread with concerns over the USB ports reliability, you should just use one of these cables and let the wear and tear happen on the cable and not the port. Also the cable allows you to route the port underneath the Kemper and to the front for easier access like the rack version.

They should be no more than 5 bucks delivered to your door or you are not looking hard enough.

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ryKr1Xb.jpg]

• Mr ckemper,

first I've contact the support department of the company, I said them that I have a unit that it's 2 days old and they suggest me to send the unit for repair.
    They didn't suggest to talk to the distributor/shop where I bough the unit and ask for a replacement. That's the bad thing...
    The unit cost for me 1550 euros. We talk for a new unit and they suggest me to send it for repair? It's ashame.

• Mr ckemper,

first I've contact the support department of the company, I said them that I have a unit that it's 2 days old and they suggest me to send the unit for repair.
    They didn't suggest to talk to the distributor/shop where I bough the unit and ask for a replacement. That's the bad thing...
    The unit cost for me 1550 euros. We talk for a new unit and they suggest me to send it for repair? It's ashame.

+1!