Extra Server/Bandwidth/Torrent on day of new release

• Seems like there are some load balancing issues on the days of the new OS releases recently, that's good because it means there's lots more Kemper owners busy trying to download the OS update, but bad because it makes it (and the whole site) painfully slow, and often results in broken downloads.

I see two easy solutions, one involves money.

1) Add an extra server or more bandwidth on the existing server, this costs more but results in a smoother running site so long as the load balancing is good.

2) Put the updates out as a torrent. This reduces the files size on the server itself and general load massively and costs nothing,

Either one is fine here, just pretty please?

• Seems like there are some load balancing issues on the days of the new OS releases recently, that's good because it means there's lots more Kemper owners busy trying to download the OS update, but bad because it makes it (and the whole site) painfully slow, and often results in broken downloads.

I checked this several times today, it always took 20 seconds max to download.

From where are you experiencing these issues?

Timo

• I'm in California on a 30mbit connection, the download has failed 4 times now, and I'm on my 5th attempt, each time the speed is incredibly slow, it's currently trying to download at 6.1KB/s, yup that's K, not M although this is actually faster than before when it was in the bytes range, the last four attempts claimed that they'd downloaded well ahead of the projected complete download (timed out I think), but the zip was corrupted as it's not complete (bad header). This was the same the last time too.

I'm not having any problems accessing anywhere else, right now I'm attempting to nurse the latest download by pausing as the speed drops off, then restarting in order to try and get the complete file... currently at 6.9 of the 10.1mb, it's painful :/

Edited once, last by Per ().

• Hey Per,

as you most likely know - 30MBit won't help when the routing is bad.

If this happens again - try a traceroute and identify the spot/hub where your packets get stuck.
    I have experienced similar issues with ISPs at times when connecting back home from Florida to big name newspapers or my bank. I don't believe that Kemper's server is the sole bottleneck though Musikmesse might cause extra traffic.

H

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I checked this several times today, it always took 20 seconds max to download.

From where are you experiencing these issues?

I'm in Chicago and Kemper stuff either downloads instantly or painfully slow (i.e. sometimes, I could type that fast, sometimes dialup speed). I see several minutes to download a system update pretty often, but it's very variable.

• I tried to download the new beta a few days ago and after several extremely slow attempts that failed I gave up and haven't been back yet to try it again. Will probably try again this weekend.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.