Handwired 1959 Plexi from Soundside.de: best Marshall-profile I heard and used so far !!!

• Any clips?

Does your other profiles sound ok?

Please check also the included pdf file.
    There are profiles of both channels (bright - and yes, the Plexi is VERY bright, normal and jumpered).
    If you use a very bright guitar - try the profiles from the 'normal' channel - for a LesPaul, try the bright channel.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Strange - it's one of the Packs I use most of the time - with my LesPaul and Strat.

Did you check the sound samples on my webside?

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• Do you use FRFR or do you play via a guitar speaker?

Try the normal or jumpered profile - please check the included pdf.

• Please check the included pdf file.

There are 4 different types of profiles in the pack:
    1) Profiles of the bright channel (yes, these profiles afe VERY bright - like on the real amp).
    2) Profiles of the normal channel (not bright)
    3) Profiles of both channels jumpered (medium bright)
    4) Processed profiles

Maybe you would prefer the darker profile pack 34 or the warm profiles of the JVM.

• I just checked the profiles with my LesPaul - all fine.

Here is a short clip:
    1) normal channel (profile names with CN = channel normal)
    2) bright channel (profile names with CB = channel bright)
    3) both channels jumpered (profile names with J = jumpered)

Plexi and LesPaul

• i use headphones

Sorry to say, but if the Plexi-profiles do not sound great, there must be another reason.

First you should not use headphones to evaluate guitar-sounds, either you use good studio-monitors or good FRFR-cabs, anything else doesn't work. Your hearing-situation should be as linear as possible, earphones are ok for practicing, but nothing more.

The Plexi-profiles are awesome, if they don't sound well for you, you have to change your hearing-situation. Earphones, cheap boxes, the acoustic of a room ect. may change guitar-sounds in a drastic way, they can add all kind of -bad- frequencies.

This is all Armin's Plexi (without eq):

http://snd.sc/111O4LB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• which settings did you use for this clip?

• Ale , well, there must some problem with your monitoring setup . Armin plexis are great and work great with my Les paul custom .

Edit: I use headphones as well , but its KEMPER SPDIF OUT -» APHEX HEADPOD DAC --» AKG 240DF

Its the nearest thing similar to a REgular Studio Monitors Listening as the --»

The K 240 DF follows the criteria specified by the Institute of Radio Technology (IRT) in Munich for a ""diffuse field"" equalization curve that provides headphone listeners with the sound pattern, characteristic of a room with reflective, non-anechoic surfaces. Each K 240 DF is rigorously tested to assure strict adherence to the IRT standards for frequency response, channel separation and sensitivity.

Edited 2 times, last by Tone ().

• which settings did you use for this clip?

Guitar:
    Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul 59' VOS Paul Kossoff
    I used the Bridge PU all the time - volume and tone max.

Profiles:
    Plexi CN 8 5MMM E
    Plexi CB 8 5MM5 E
    Plexi J 8 M 5MMM E

All raw profiles - without any effects - no EQ's in KPA or post production.
    Recorded with Cubase 7
    Transfered to mp3 with Audacity