Handwired 1959 Plexi from Soundside.de: best Marshall-profile I heard and used so far !!!

• I don't know how consistent the sound of the VH4 is - but the one I used to profile was very great - would like to own it - but this VH4 has a happy owner already.

I used my Elmwood 4x12" Vintage30 speakers for this - and yes, that amp is THIS versatile - from clean to crunch, to full blown Marshall like to Metal ...

That's the reason way I spend so much time profiling the amp almost 200 times - and the best profiles are now in the pack.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Any suggestions on EQ settings for this profile? I'm using the bright input with a Les Paul. The profiles I chose to work with have the gain set to 4 and 8. I have a studio eq before the amp with shelving filters and then a graphic after with no changes yet. Just curious how others are running EQs on these profiles or if they just aren't.

It's be cool to have a way to exchange rig set ups for purchased rigs with others who have the same purchased rigs. To dream <sigh>.

• Any suggestions on EQ settings for this profile? I'm using the bright input with a Les Paul. The profiles I chose to work with have the gain set to 4 and 8. I have a studio eq before the amp with shelving filters and then a graphic after with no changes yet. Just curious how others are running EQs on these profiles or if they just aren't.

It's be cool to have a way to exchange rig set ups for purchased rigs with others who have the same purchased rigs. To dream <sigh>.

I recently purchased Armin's DZL pack, and I would also be interested in EQ suggestions from people who are using it! :)

BTW, this was my first Soundside purchase... really liked the naming convention of the profiles. Kudos Armin! :thumbup:

EDIT: bbaug14 - I figure you are referring to the Handwired 1959 Plexi profile... I am sorry, I read too quickly I guess. I was relating to the VH4 because someone mentioned it a few posts earlier.

Edited once, last by bigb6611 ().

• Is anyone using these profiles live? I'm running this with a Les Paul Standard and the profiles are incredibly bright through both my studio monitors and my RCF ART 312a. Just wondering what people are doing to tame this a bit. Would greatly appreciate some tips. The profiles are awesome in every other regard and for recording, but too bright for live use currently. Thanks in advance!!!

• Is anyone using these profiles live? I'm running this with a Les Paul Standard and the profiles are incredibly bright through both my studio monitors and my RCF ART 312a. Just wondering what people are doing to tame this a bit. Would greatly appreciate some tips. The profiles are awesome in every other regard and for recording, but too bright for live use currently. Thanks in advance!!!

If you're happy with the sound when recording, then I suggest you first save your Output EQ with a name such as "Studio", then modify the Output EQ to cut the highs and save it named as "Gig". Just load the appropriate one when you're playing.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Will try suggestions and report back. It's odd. With the TAF profiles I feel like I generally have to crank treble/presence to take off the blanket effect and with these its the exact opposite. I've tries treble/presence adjustments but its not giving the desired result. Hopefully the EQ suggestions will yield a better end. Thanks for the suggestions!

• As in 'real live' there are different options for different taste, guitars, monitor systems ....

1) Choose the right pack

The same plexi amp was profiled two times
    a) Pack34 uses a darker greenback speaker
    b) Pack35 uses a brighter V30 speaker

2) Choose the right channel
    The plexi profiles (as the real plexi) have two options (input jacks).
    a) A darker normal channel (these profiles start with 'CN' for normal channel)
    b) A (very) bright channel (there profiles start with 'CB' for bright channel)

In the old days it was common to 'jumper' the channels - for this will the two channels be connected with a patch cable.
    Now it's possible to use the two volume knobs (normal and bright) to blend any combination of 'dark and bright'.
    These profiles start with 'J' for jumpered.

In general use the darker profiles for a bright guitar and the brighter ones for a dark guitar.
    But this is no law - use the profiles which works best for you - all options are there.

As CK explained in the other thread - you can allways put an EQ block before the amp (slot D) and after (slot X) - to fine tune.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• I use these profiles a lot live as I think they're the best Plexi profiles I've heard. I did as Armin's suggests- go through them all & pick the combination of channel, gain & EQ settings that sound good with your guitar & FRFR. This must be done at stage volume- if you don't do it at that volume you'll end up with too much high end live. The 1st time I gigged I used all "CB" bright profiles & felt my rhythm profile was too bright. Next gig I switched to a jumpered one. I kept the CB 85MM5 for my leads though. You'll notice that these profiles darken the higher the gain settings so keep that in mind. Just like the real amp!

I'm using the Elmwood cab on everything. The Greenbacks didn't work for me personally. I'm not a fan of adding EQ before or after the amp. That's just me- I like a raw profile that's as close to the room sound as I can get. I hear you on the TAF blanket thing and refuse to EQ to get it right. For me, it's either there or it's not.

Also keep in mind that your tone probably will sound different through the PA than your monitor. I always check both & lean toward the PA first.

• First you have to get the most possible "linear" hearing-situation, that means: your studio-monitors and your room shouldn't change the original sound. If you have your studio-monitors in a normal, non-linear-room (living-room ect.) a plugin like Arc 2 from IK Multimedia could help you a lot.

If you don't have a linear hearing-situation, sounds may have too much treble, bass, whatever, especially the room is changing your sound more than you would imagine.

For my experience Armin's profiles are very well done and I don't have any problems with too much brightness.

Of course guitars are also VERY important, there are huge differences even with diffrent Les Pauls.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Decided to take advantage of the Summer sale and glad I did. Armin's profiles are really nice. They are very well organized. I really like how Armin profiles the amps at many different tone settings. This is HUGE, you cannot have too many profiles at different tone settings. This makes it much easier to find a profile of the same amp for different guitars. Oh by the way the profiles sound AWESOME! Happy customer.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• Yep, I agree on the tone settings as I use humbuckers & P90s sometimes. Now if Armin would do a Shiva with that Elmwood cab just like the 1959HW and VH4 I think I'd consider my KPA complete!

• A Shiva may come in the future - I checked a lot of the great Bogner amps the last days - and found my Bogner dream amp - hope to get it tomorrow :)

• Great. Well I'm not a bogner aficionado, I don't know much about all the models but the Shiva sounded awesome at my local store and Justin Derrico, one of my favourites, plays one too.

The Duede looks interesting but excited to see what you get. I doubt there's such thing as a bad bogner

• Yes, the Atma locks (and as far as via youtube) sounds great - but not available yet.

I agree all Bogner amps are fantastic amps and even the new preamp pedals are great.

• Great. Well I'm not a bogner aficionado, I don't know much about all the models but the Shiva sounded awesome at my local store and Justin Derrico, one of my favourites, plays one too.

The Duede looks interesting but excited to see what you get. I doubt there's such thing as a bad bogner

+1 on Justin Derrico he kills with a lot of Shiva tones. I gigged that amp for a bit and it was awesome. Very fat & you wouldn't think it would cut great in the mix but it does.

• hi guys,

i'm sorry to say it but i bought the plexi profiles and i find them unusable..too much high, it sounds like there is a wha all the time and i tried different cabs or eq but nothing happened, just unusable for me