Good foot controller with the Kemper....

• I"m about to pull the trigger on a Kemper and was wondering what's recommended as a foot controller. I have a Voodoo Labs GCP. I think I read that the Kemper does not have phantom power for a controller, so I would have to power it separately, correct? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Looking forward to the day Kemper has its own controller.......

• Roland FC-300, but it's more expensive than the FCB 1010...

The FC-300 is a good product when paired with a VG-99, but I can't see how it would be a better choice for the KPA when there will be 2-way communication with the FCB1010.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I'm not sure why either the FCB1010 or the FC300 would be a good choice for the OP when he already has a Ground Control Pro?

• I'm not sure why either the FCB1010 or the FC300 would be a good choice for the OP when he already has a Ground Control Pro?

Granted, it means another purchase, but the FCB1010 is relatively cheap, and 2-way communication is indeed a bonus. Now, if he can get the GCP to achieve that as well, then that's a whole different argument.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I"m about to pull the trigger on a Kemper and was wondering what's recommended as a foot controller. I have a Voodoo Labs GCP. I think I read that the Kemper does not have phantom power for a controller, so I would have to power it separately, correct? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Looking forward to the day Kemper has its own controller.......

I have a GCP and use the Rocktron 7 to 7 cable to phantom power it.

• Granted, it means another purchase, but the FCB1010 is relatively cheap, and 2-way communication is indeed a bonus. Now, if he can get the GCP to achieve that as well, then that's a whole different argument.

I'm waiting with interest to see what the new eprom will do for the FCB1010 but, having used the uno version for years, I can't see how much improvement can actually be made. The fcb isn't designed to display patch names so any two way communication will be fairly limited because that's the nature of the beast. The GCP will allow you to enter patch names so, although it won't receive info from the KPA, it can be set up with a bit of extra work. I hope I'm wrong about the new eprom but I really can't see it turning the FCB into an MFC 101 for the Kemper.

• I'm waiting with interest to see what the new eprom will do for the FCB1010 but, having used the uno version for years, I can't see how much improvement can actually be made. The fcb isn't designed to display patch names so any two way communication will be fairly limited because that's the nature of the beast. The GCP will allow you to enter patch names so, although it won't receive info from the KPA, it can be set up with a bit of extra work. I hope I'm wrong about the new eprom but I really can't see it turning the FCB into an MFC 101 for the Kemper.

I agree on that! The MFC1010 is a good cheap solution but I'm sure that the high end foot controllers makers will provide some support in the future to acommodate a two ways communication with the KPA. I especially think of Liquid Foot series here.

• The GCP will allow you to enter patch names so, although it won't receive info from the KPA, it can be set up with a bit of extra work.

Let me throw in the FC-300 again, because I forgot to mention this feature. You can enter patchnames as well on the FC-300. And it has two integrated pedals. To me the patchname feature is an advantage vs. the FCB 1010.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Hi so I finally got time to figure out the lexicon mpx r1 ..got everything going (one way midi so no syncing of LEDs) except the wah seems in reversed.. The volume pedal set as wah booster is correct.. The wah however is reversed.. Any help?? Here's a idea make the kemper receive midi through a USB stick and make the kemper FC when it does come out connect wireless as a option. 8)