all rigs out of the rig exchange -> rig exchange 2.0 needed ??? done by kerman [KPA PRESET HUB] !!! THX

• Honestly: who needs 2883 rigs? My experience with rig exchange is mainly the delete-button....

I would suggest to buy some really great profiles and profile by yourself. To listen to thousands of rigs and finally find a few useful ones is a lot of wasted time.

That's why I've suggested that improvements, so we don't waste our time downloading things without even having a chance to hear how it sounds, or what is inside..

Your suggestion about buying commercial profiles is not bad, but lot of them are not so god IMO, and also is against the idea of having a community that share their profiles, so... the exchange is useless?, I don't think the exchange was made to confuse users, being a complete mess that worth nothing..but now is close to that ;)

The silence from Kemper on this matter is a little weird yep.. Look at Cliff from Fractal...

So the profiles have some kind of rights?? Then why you can do a profile an sell it? Are the profiles uploaded to the exchange different?

• Quoted from "kerman" the silence from Kemper on this matter is a little weird yep.. Look at Cliff from Fractal...

sigh... the silence from Kemper is a little weird. sigh again. i think i really am going to loose my cool sooner or later. what we need is some kind of
    webmaster or just a guy who collects the issues we talk about (the never-ending story of an editor would have never happened if CK had answered
    the request sooner), present them to CK once in a week for an hour and tells us what he said in a new subforum. so many issues have never been
    answered or belittled by the kemper-team. this in only another example.

i apologize, if i said something wrong about rights on profiles, but i do know that kemper wants the rig exchange limited to this page. the more urgent are
    improvements! thank you for your thoughts and work, kerman

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• isn´t it possible to built/start a "private" (not kemper) webpage with a parallel rig-exchange with all the "kerman"features?
    everybody can offer his own rig like he wants (commercial or noncommercial) - and if you do not import rigs from an other site/exchange, whats the problem - means everybody can uploads his own rigs like in the kemper rig-exchange in the new one too.

if the kempers don´t answer/react please do it kerman
    i would love it

(if it works, may be the kempers will integrate it)

• Yep, I think if there is no answer or serious activity about this here...I dont' want problems with Kemper, event talking about this is a little embarrasing for me, but I really love the profiler and when I have a device that I use everyday, just want to have the best, even if I have to do it by myself!

In example I'm a gamer, and some times when I'd joined a clan, and played a game for years, I did mods (complete maps, models, etc) for the community for free, just to enjoy, this is the same!

• It's just my experience, besides the Morgan 20 I didn't find any good profiles at rig exchange.

Many guitar-players have neither the studio-equipment, nor the knowledge to create good profiles, the whole profiling-chain has to be strong:

amps --> guitar-boxes/speakers --> mikes --> channelstrip / mixing desk --> studio monitors --> room-acoustic (should be as linear as possible) --> your ears

Just to mike up a guitar-box is not that easy, I spent 50% of my life in studios and I know what I'm talking about. Most of the rig exchange-profles aren't done professionally, that's why commercial profiles from soundside.de or TAF often are the better solution for many guitar-players.

Besides the profiles of my own amps (Boogie MK2, Dr. Z Maz. Sen., several Marshalls, THD Univalve, Fender Blues Junior) I just use Armin's profiles and a few of TAF and Kemper and of course the Morgan 20.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Guenter

Have you see Peter Fischers studio, or Uwe Bossert's studio?

What equipment are Armin and Andy using...I haven't seen any photos of either of their studios?

• guitartone, you can see a photo of armin's studio @ his homepage in the "about" section.
    but no further details of HOW he profiles.
    you can see no photo of andi's studio on his homepage, but you can get details of HOW
    he profiles when you click on the "more info" button as well as good photos and a list of the
    preamps and microphones used.
    sooner or later i am going to keep only ten "non-professional" profiles and use profiles by armin
    and andi and mats only.
    but, nevertheless, some kind of rig exchange 2.0 has my vote
    :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• the mention of simple things like categories jumped out to me. eg, clean, crunch, hi gain, vintage, modern etc. its easy to get lost after skipping a few pages currently. There will be lots of profiles people may like just don't have the patience to scan through the current list of pages

• Guenter
    Have you see Peter Fischers studio, or Uwe Bossert's studio?
    What equipment are Armin and Andy using...I haven't seen any photos of either of their studios?

The studio alone is not a guarantee for good profiles, if you have a lot of knowledge and experience (and nice neighbours..) you also can create good profiles in your living room. ;)

Liking a profile is also very subjective, there's just one profile from Peter Fischer I use (Soldano SLO 100) and not one profile from Uwe Bossert. In fact I just use a few Kemper-presets, a lot of Armin's profiles (I don't now his studio, but for me they are the best commercial ones), some from TAF (even the profiles are made in a good studio, for my taste there's too much editing done afterwards) and of course I use a lot of my own profiles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Hi guys! just have great news for you. My Rig Exchange is ready to rock!!
    http://www.evergladesaudio.com…new-rig-exchange-released

I have to say that I don't want to hurt Kemper or their rig exchange, split the profiles on several sites is not good, but if they can't get a good rig exchange in a short time, I think mine is a good option, I offer myself to fix their rig exchange.

• hey, that looks good. you know i am a fan of your work anyway, but do you think it is a good
    idea to put the videos on the same page? i takes eternity to load, a link in a new window
    (if the user wants it) would be better in my humble opinion. cu

• hi kerman

thanks for building this :thumbup: (adjusted the threadname accordingly)
    but i can´t open the registration-link
    dosent work with my firefox-browser
    do i neet e special plugin?

it create some rigs with special effect settings (like Freeze or Sustainer/Feedbacker)
    with the kemper (erverybody knows) it´s possible to take them over to every rig you want (or to store them separately)
    is it possible to make separat categorie for effects(-ettings) (May be cab´s and so on)?

thx jojo

Edited once, last by jojo ().

• Hi JoJo! thanks for your feedback. I did the filtered search, so there is no need for categories. I will add your suggestions, I'm thinkg about adding these:
    - CAB
    - RIG PACK
    - EFFECT SETTINGS ONLY

You can upload a zip with several rigs, so I think that add a RIG PACK filter is a good Idea.
    Also the cab filter, but I'll need a list of the most used cabs. (I think here is better to use TAGS instead)
    And the effect only filter, will list only the effects presets, so you can upload your great effect settings!

Any more suggestions?

BTW I will fix the registration now, I'm just starting to get the site 100% functional!

• Hi guys! just have great news for you. My Rig Exchange is ready to rock!!
    http://www.evergladesaudio.com…new-rig-exchange-released

I have to say that I don't want to hurt Kemper or their rig exchange, split the profiles on several sites is not good, but if they can't get a good rig exchange in a short time, I think mine is a good option, I offer myself to fix their rig exchange.

So, you want us to upload profiles to your website for free and then you will charge everyone a membership to download them?
    Please tell me I am misunderstanding. ?(