Sharing my free tool, Kemper Profile Renamer!!

• thank you soooooooooooo much for this video. the effort you have put into this is appreciated.
    i still do not understand one thing. the real fun is writing profile names with your pc keyboard instead the
    freakin knob, right? so: how is the chain of cables?
    KPA MIDI out > soundcard input > soundcard (usb)> to pc

right???? ?(

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• thank you soooooooooooo much for this video. the effort you have put into this is appreciated.
    i still do not understand one thing. the real fun is writing profile names with your pc keyboardinstead the
    freakin knob, right? so: how is the chain of cables?
    KPA MIDI out > soundcard input > soundcard (usb)> to pc

right?????(

Yeah! This tools will give you about 10-100 hours more of life, not wasting it writing characters with a knob, I don't blame Kemper for this, that's a good way instead of pressing buttons, BUT a device that is capable to run more than 1000 profiles...err....needs something more.

About the chain:

YOUR SOUNDCARD MIDI OUT---->KEMPER MIDI IN
    that's it!

or... YOUR USB2MIDI ADAPTER MIDI OUT (obviusly connected to your computer)----->KEMPER MIDI IN

You only need to connect to the midi in of your Kermper, the way you do it is up to you!

YOUR USB2MIDI ADAPTER MIDI OUT (obviusly connected to your computer)----->KEMPER MIDI IN

that! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: that i wanted to know. thanks

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• have i said already that your tool is the best invention since "sliced bread", like we say in german?
    if or if not: i like to repeat it! thanx for this, kerman, you are my hero, go ahead.
    i hated the knob from day one, and now: writing profile names on a keyboard, superkewl, dude. 8o 8o

• HI kerman,

Do you think you can upgrade your realy fancy renaming tool working with "renaming PERFORMANCES" in the performance mode?

At the moment the KPA doesn't react if I click on rename the performance and click on send on the renamer.....

That would be really really great if works again.....

...I had a lot of equipment... but 2012 I got the KPA.... :)

• I really applaud you for your skills and initiative.
    If your self quotation is to indicate that you're not going to post any more information here I find this a bit sad indeed.
    No harm was done to you as far as I can see.
    And your software could be way more successful if you wouldn't leave the hub of all information regarding the KPA, which is this forum.
    Maybe you want to think about it.

• Hi Ingolf, thanks for your words, there is no problem about that, just I have a subscription, that cost money, and I don't want to be like a spammer here publishing updates about that. Also I'm not very happy with the support received to get my free apps running from the chiefs here.. that's why all related to my work will only posted in my websites. I think that the people interested on my editor, renamer, and the new rig exchange that I'm doing now, will follow me in my websites.

As the editor will be commercial, and here is only a dealer section, I don't want problems. I have a great site with a new public support forum, I think this is a better place for this, this forum is not mine, I don't want to start more threads about my software here, it's like an intrusion.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong, I'm human! As Kemper representatives doesn't states their opinion about my work or doubts here, silence is like a "I don't like this" for me.

• Hi Ingolf, thanks for your words, there is no problem about that, just I have a subscription, that cost money, and I don't want to be like a spammer here publishing updates about that. Also I'm not very happy with the support received to get my free apps running from the chiefs here.. that's why all related to my work will only posted in my websites. I think that the people interested on my editor, renamer, and the new rig exchange that I'm doing now, will follow me in my websites.

As the editor will be commercial, and here is only a dealer section, I don't want problems. I have a great site with a new public support forum, I think this is a better place for this, this forum is not mine, I don't want to start more threads about my software here, it's like an intrusion.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong, I'm human! As Kemper representatives doesn't states their opinion about my work or doubts here, silence is like a "I don't like this" for me.

Hey Kerman, it's all cool!
    I for one can't wait to try your fully fleshed out renamer and KPA control, no matter if commercial or free.
    I believe there's only Win-Win in initiatives like yours.

And I also believe that it would be very synergetic if Kemper didn't have to do work that you (or others) have already done.
    As we see in Kemper's cooperation with the UnO chip manufacturer for the FCB 1010 they are not totally against working with 3rd Party developers.
    Have you actually tried to contact Kemper directly by email?

• I contacted several times, yeah they replied me, but the short answers didn't help at all.. so I stopped trying :(
    I think that I'm like a little fish or something for them hahaha but I stay here and keep my activity in the forum, is just I don't want to post about my tools, in a support way, you know what I mean?
    Sorry, is hard for me to explain in english, I learned a little in school (here in spain, speaking other languages is like a miracle, sad..but true, even our president doesn't know! hahaha) but I'm trying to improve my skills also on that :p