accidental shutdown

• Yesterday, once again, I switched off the KPA when I just wanted to switch to (silent) Tuner Mode. (I don't use MIDI.) Luckily it was at the end of the first set, so I had time enough to reboot during the intermission.

Ok, not a huge problem.
    But nasty.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I knew about these two seconds but I was afraid that I would be too late and switch during shutdown. (Don't know if that would do any damage.)

I guess yes, it would help if it is more than two seconds. BTW I can think of very few situations where you need a really fast shutdown. Maybe a long countdown (5 seconds, 7 seconds?) plus a softbutton to skip it and shutdown immediately?

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• oh......I didn't know I could revert back to normal use if I turn the knob during the countdown! so it is true right?

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• oh......I didn't know I could revert back to normal use if I turn the knob during the countdown! so it is true right?

Yes. While the countdown is shown in the display you can always switch back to Tuner Mode and fourth.

www.audiosemantics.de

• I knew about these two seconds but I was afraid that I would be too late and switch during shutdown. (Don't know if that would do any damage.)

I guess yes, it would help if it is more than two seconds. BTW I can think of very few situations where you need a really fast shutdown. Maybe a long countdown (5 seconds, 7 seconds?) plus a softbutton to skip it and shutdown immediately?

It is actually 3 seconds and the whole purpose is that you can switch safely back to TUNER etc.

Timo

• It is actually 3 seconds and the whole purpose is that you can switch safely back to TUNER etc.

Well for me it was not enough. My eyes are bad and when I play I always take off the glasses and also: the human brain works in a kind of general delay of almost a second (Schrecksekunde / reaction time). And mine maybe even worse ... 8|

Which means the first second is eaten up by just trying to realize:"Oops, I turned the switch too far."

Does anybody know what bad things can happen if I miss the countdown time and switch back during shutdown? It won't explode, will it?

www.audiosemantics.de