mini KPA

• I never said it does not fit.

I say it only fits if you do without a proper padding on both sides. And this can be a problem on smaller airplanes and also later on local travel (bus, subway, trains...). Every bump will directly hit the Tone knobs.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• The feasibility of a low-cost small form-factor KPA can be solved by asking a simple question: would the DSP hardware in the Eventide stomp boxes or the Strymon boxes have enough power to run the profiling algorithm? My guess is if we compare the DSP specs, it won't be a problem. I'm assuming those boxes have quality front-ends that you can plug your guitar into. Those boxes are in the ~$500 USD range.

This is a great opportunity for Kemper to capture a bigger market. According to the 2011 NAMM report, stomp boxes + floor multi-effects were nearly 2/3 of the signal processing market. Stomp boxes were trending upward. Rack processors, the other third of the market, were trending downward.

Also, personally, its a product that I'd love to see!

cheers
    - Taylor

• I would suggest the business model for both Strymon and Eventide are vastly different than Kemper. Only a small percentage of guitarists are interested in modeling, and of those an even smaller percentage is willing/able to spend $500 or more for a piece of gear. I would imagine a rather large chunk of the cost of a Kemper is dedicated to the business plan of continuing to add new features to the unit with around a 10 year lifecycle (I believe that's what CK stated). Again, we'll see a floor unit eventually. But it won't be a completely dumbed down unit with no controls or only allowing amps with no effects. It will be a floor Kemper with a (fairly) full feature set and it will be awesome. But it won't come until it's right for them as a company to release it. It's not a question in my mind of if, it's when...

• Our softbag size is 44x25x27 cm, when the front bag is not stuffed, so it fullfills the hand luggage rules.
    At small turboprops they take all those bags at the door anyway.

• Our softbag size is 44x25x27 cm, when the front bag is not stuffed, so it fullfills the hand luggage rules.

AIR BERLIN: 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm / 8 Kg
    LUFTHANSA. 55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm / 8 Kg

Ich hab am Checkin schon gelb-rosa karierte Pferde kotzen sehn! (untranslatable)

At small turboprops they take all those bags at the door anyway.

Exactly! That's why it needs some padding at the sides, even if you take it as handluggage. Also later in busses and such the knobs and the display might easily get a bump if it is not padded.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I looked inside the Kemper lunchbox. Really not much Hardware there. Make the Kemper (Same Hardware) just put it in a foot pedal only case - Kinda like the new Line6 Helix... I would buy it... :)