Please improve the Rig Exchange

• Like the subject title already says.

As great as the KPA is as user unfriendly the RE is. With the grwoing community and amount of profiles I (and certainly not only I) think that the RE should be improved with the goal to make it easier searching more specific rigs.
    I'm pretty sure that a good portion of the KPA owners got the unit because of the possibility to download amp profiles and it's really a struggle to search specifically for rigs.

Kerman posted a very good statement and cool suggestions about and for the RE:
    "I started downloading rigs from the exchange section...ufff as a web developer I have to say that this can be improved a lot.
    - Tag system so the user can tag the profile for a better search experience.
    - Preview, a little mp3 previewing the profile, also may be interesting to place a DI so all the previews have the same playing.
    - Categories: God! why there are not categories? I have to navigate through more than 150 pages!!
    - Pictures or icons so the different amp types can be quickly identified, also the effects used, etc...

I offer myself to create a site, I don't know if webmasters here are working already on this, but if not, I can start a site, but I will need support from the users, I will not download all the profiles and upload in other site, that's not fair.
    So if you are interested post here your thoughts.. just want to have a efficient and cool tool for this...dawn why kemper site is so "old fashioned"? vintage doesn't apply to websites!! hjehehehe
    "

And here's something I posted a couple of weeks ago:

hey guys,
    a reworked rig exchange site would be amazing.
    besides the kemper itself it is one of the most important features and first of all I think it deserves its own proper page instead of that cuout area it has now.

I mean at the beginning it probably did the deal but by now I think it's time to revamp the rig exchange.

See I don't even own a Kemper (yet) but I'm about to buy one and I was already looking for some rigs to download, to have them prepared when I get the unit and looking for certrain rigs is a struggle.
    For example it would be great if you could sort the rating by votes and a possibilty to tag the rigs and search tags (music genre, brand, bands that use the same gear...). Also a comment field for the author or even the community to add some more info to the rig.
    Also the ability to click on an author and you see all profiles the author has uploaded, the same with tags. I know you can search for that but it would be a very comfortable feature.
    So with the growing exchange library and community it would be great if you guys could provide a more comfortable navigation.
    "

Would be nice to see something happen with the RE

• Yeah! They can make a "Menu" or "Categories" for search amps. With icons and more interactive, for example, Pic a AMP, then a CAB and then a MIC (maybe), and you have all Amps, with that Cab, and the MIC. or for example, Look for a brand, and there is all the profiles of that amp.

+1 !

Regards.

• If the site would just allow me to stay signed in like it should when I check that box, I'd be MUCH happier. Having to type in my username/password every time I want to download a rig (autofill disabled too, highly frustrating) is a pain in the ass to say the least.

• paults, it has nothing to do with my browser settings and I don't run any internet security software other than OS X. I've tried it on multiple machines with multiple browsers, and other people have posted on here with the exact same issue.

The site simply does not remember login information like it claims to. It does not keep me logged in when I tell it to and it won't remember my username/password as an autofill.

On a similar note, it seems the quote function on the forum is completely broken for me the last few days? Frustrating as hell.

*Edit* the quick reply function is also broken.

• I have the same problem, also on different computers and laptops. Be it Windows, Linux or Apple.
    But my main concern is really the lack of usability with the RE - it would be great to collect here ideas and maybe they'll get done sometime.

• I've noticed that when I log in from a different ip address the rig-exchange resets and when I use the computer I usually use I have to log in again. When I only use the same computer with the locked/static ip address it lets me stay logged in. Is your ip address locked or is it random, JeffTD? (dynamic vs static).