FCB1010 Midi Controller firmware update

• Just got this email:

Hi all,

here's a short status update about the Kemper-FCB firmware :

Soon! Very Soon.
    Our friends at Kemper are working really hard to get a major firmware release ready. Within a week or two, v.2.0 will be released, with the long awaited Performance mode as one of the new features.
    The Kemper-FCB firmware is very much tuned to support this new performance mode, next to the regular "browse" mode, so we will officially release this dedicated FCB1010 firmware at the same time as the KPA v.2.0 firmware release. So stay tuned, waiting time will be over very soon!

• I think it's a hardware-chip like the Uno-Update for the FCB1010 - it's very
    easy to install and every FCB-1010 new or old should work. So I think you can
    buy a used one.

greetz
    peter :thumbup:

KPA-Rackversion with Line6 Powercab 112
    :thumbup: :love: :thumbup:

• I got the email, too, but it also contains important information about the name of the new software and internet domain availability, so I will paste the mail again here at full length:

"Hi all,

here's a short status update about the Kemper-FCB firmware :

Soon! Very Soon.
    Our friends at Kemper are working really hard to get a major firmware release ready. Within a week or two, v.2.0 will be released, with the long awaited Performance mode as one of the new features.
    The Kemper-FCB firmware is very much tuned to support this new performance mode, next to the regular "browse" mode, so we will officially release this dedicated FCB1010 firmware at the same time as the KPA v.2.0 firmware release. So stay tuned, waiting time will be over very soon!

New name!
    After talking to the Kemper management, we have decided to change the name for this FCB1010 firmware. Working name was "Kemper-FCB", and corresponding website was http://www.kemper-fcb.com, but this turned out to be too close to the "Kemper-amps" domain name. We want to make it more obvious to everyone that this initiative does not come from Kemper, although we worked together with the Kemper R&D team to get the best possible interaction between FCB1010 and KPA. From now on we will talk about the "UnO for KEMPER" firmware. We released the original "UnO" firmware 6 years ago, as an "UnOfficial" firmware version for the FCB1010. The "UnO for KEMPER" firmware is again such unofficial alternative firmware chip, this time dedicated for controlling the KPA, as you already found out. The kemper-fcb domain will no longer be retained, and we will create the necessary web content as part of the current UnO related website at http://www.ossandust.be You will be notified as soon as we have the full "UnO for KEMPER" website up and running.

Cool FCB1010 labels!
    I'm happy to announce that I worked together with Winnie from http://www.glorope.eu/ to provide a dedicated glow-in-the-dark label set for the "UnO for KEMPER" modified FCB1010. After configuring all stomp switches the way you prefer, you can add those labels to your floorboard to make it a completely dedicated and cool looking KPA controller. Again, more detail info soon.

Thanks again for your patience, we'll get in touch again asap !

best regards,
    Xavier
    "UnO for Kemper" developer"

• I got a FCB a few weeks back using some of the insights here on the forum that gave good indications of what was coming.thanks to all the guys who reported from Musicmesse ! :thumbup:

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• The feature set in the UnO's, while awesome in its own right, is so overseeable that bugs are unlikely as the firmware is tested thoroughly by the developer before release and sale.
    I have used several UnO's over the years and haven't encountered any difficulties.

• Looking forward to this as I just purchased an FCB1010.

Just to be clear, there will be a dedicated "UnO for Kemper" chip available that I will need to install to the FCB1010 to turn it into a dedicated KPA controller (once v2.0 firmware is available)? Thanks in advance!

• Looking forward to this as I just purchased an FCB1010.

Just to be clear, there will be a dedicated "UnO for Kemper" chip available that I will need to install to the FCB1010 to turn it into a dedicated KPA controller (once v2.0 firmware is available)? Thanks in advance!

Yes.

• Great news indeed :) but what will be the basic difference between old Uno and new one? I use my kemper with FCB with uno and although it took me a while to manage it it works perfectly. The only con is too few switches to get access to all FX while using lower row to change profiles.

• Great news indeed :) but what will be the basic difference between old Uno and new one? I use my kemper with FCB with uno and although it took me a while to manage it it works perfectly. The only con is too few switches to get access to all FX while using lower row to change profiles.

Check http://www.kemper-FCB.com

The main difference is the bi-directional working of the FCB reflecting the KPA's status.
    Plus tuner visible in the FCB.
    Totally worthwhile changing the eprom IMO.