kkkkkkk

• Why it isnt possible the KPA as an Interface why i have to use an seperate one ?

The vast majority of home or pro studios already have a dedicated soundcard interface.
    It's one of the most important cornerstones in a studio.
    A dedicated soundcard is capable of so much more than a unit with a built in usb sound.
    Even if a unit has built in usb sound like pods etc. a lot of users including myself always run it through the soundcards digital in or xlr in anyway and don't use the usb sound feature.
    Built in usb sound is convenient for those who don't already have a soundcard but I think kemper decided not to put extra money and time on drivers etc. on a feature most won't use. Maybe they'll add this feature later but I doubt it.

• Happy Kemper is correct.

In my studio, I use a Lynx interface with an A Designs Preamp and Schoeps CTC6.4 mics for tracking acoustic. I want the KPA to provide profiles for my electric so I don't have to own multiple amps and mic them. The Lynx Hilo converters are incredible, I feed the KPA digital signal to the Hilo whic then does the conversion to analog into my DAW.

Kemper would have to incorporate very high end converters to match what I am currently getting. This way, I use the Preamps that I choose and not depend on a converter that may not be of the quality I need.

• No one can really argue with the fact you're happy, but your Hilo can't be doing a conversion to analog into your DAW, which stands for Digital Audio Workstation. :D
    If this is as you state, then your Hilo is doing absolutely nothing but interface with software drivers.

The truth is that almost any motherboard nowadays has a digital I/O port so the KPA can act as a digital interface of sorts.
    For those of us who do use professional soundcards, though, two ASIO devices are hard to run in tandem - so i probably wouldn't use the KPA as an interface if it had one.

Maybe when the other USB port is active...?

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• ^^ Sorry, I didn't understand. I thought the purpose of having AD/DA converters in an external soundcard was to do the "digital to analog" and "analog to digital" conversions, thereby freeing up system resources. Isn't that how it works?

It is interesting to note, however, that the Kemper does have a digital out in the form of SPDIF. Is it more complicated to route the same signal through the USB port?

• It is interesting to note, however, that the Kemper does have a digital out in the form of SPDIF. Is it more complicated to route the same signal through the USB port?

They are different things. It's not simply "routing" the signal through the USB port; it will then have to act as a separate audio interface. By using spdif into an interface you are using one interface with one sample clock.

I never used the AxeFx II as an interface, it just didn't make sense. Much easier to hook it up to a dedicated one. And it doesn't make sense not to have an audio interface if you're into music making ;)

• They are different things. It's not simply "routing" the signal through the USB port; it will then have to act as a separate audio interface. By using spdif into an interface you are using one interface with one sample clock.

I never used the AxeFx II as an interface, it just didn't make sense. Much easier to hook it up to a dedicated one. And it doesn't make sense not to have an audio interface if you're into music making ;)

That makes sense. Different formats, so it wouldn't be as simple as just linking one output to another.