Showed the KPA to a famous guitarist and producer last night...

• Paul Pesco (Madonna, Hall & Oates, ...) is married to a friend of mine and last night we met in a birthday of another friend. I had talked to him a week or so ago in a wedding and mentioned the Kemper so last night I brought the KPA and Yamaha DXR10 over. I dialed in a few of my favorite rigs, including Diezel Einstein, a Dual Rec (don't remember which), a Cornford (probably Andy's) and Soundside's Plexi. In his words, "I love it, I want one" :)

IMHO you guys from Kemper Amps should send him one - he also owns a studio in NY and has recorded the likes of Dream Theater, Anthrax and other bands I can't remember right now. PM me if you want his contact info.

BTW awesome player and really cool and funny guy.

• "it's a long way to the top!" (school of rock, AC/DC).

isn't it funny how long it takes for a new product until a producer like this Paul Pesco gives the KPA a chance and this by coincidence!?
    i repeat what i have said before, but i change the timeline now: "wait another 3 years, and you'll see the KPA on all of those huge stages
    around the world (O2, madison square, ...).

thanks for sharing anyway, deny :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Sooooo many guys I run into just because of my circle of friends and this happens all the time. Most recently? Pat obrien (nevermore, cannibal corpse) and one of my good friends Corey Beaulieu( trivium). And now ironically, Corey and the entire trivium line up are all going kemper... Unfortunately I've emailed CK once or twice about finding out how I could be apart of the company, weither it's promotion, marketing etc but I never heard back... Just because of what I do and who i know in my town I'd really Love to be an asset to the company somehow someway, because I really do believe in the product 100 percent..: wish someone would get back to me on that!

• I should probably add that Paul had never even heard about the KPA before I told him about it, which I found a bit surprising. Also I think it's worth mentioning that apparently Fractal is sending him an AxeFXII.

• deny,

i cannot speak of brasil or the us, but what i can tell you is:

the two biggest musician's magazines (guitar german and - more important - gitarre&bass) here in good old germany
    printed a 4-page (guitar) and 6-page (G&B) feature of our beloved lunchbox BEFORE it was even available!!
    so everybody working in this field of the entertainment business knew what was going on way before thomann delivered the
    first orders. that mr. pesco has not heard of the KPA is astonishing, is the press over there on the american continent so
    conservative? maybe. there is another solution. i guess it could have to do with cash? "pay to play" is an american invention,
    isnt it? so maybe it is the same in the review business. sad.

watched the confed cup? that was a good start, wasnt it? cu

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Hi Geraldo, my guess is that high profile musicians / producers are incredibly busy composing, performing and recording to keep up with the latest gear, even though the KPA isn't all that new. I mean, Paul is in Brazil and still brought 2 guitars with him, probably for getting some work done.

I don't think the KPA is unknown in the US but could probably benefit from a little more advertising. Anyway it's got an Editor's Pick Award from Guitar Player:
    http://www.guitarplayer.com/ar…rofiling-amplifier/149283

And was mentioned by Accept's Wolf Hoffmann in a Guitar World interview:
    http://www.guitarworld.com/dea…-gear-tone-and-balls-wall

Brazilians haven't heard much about it because the import taxes and distributors greed cause gear to be crazy expensive here, so the KPA costs about 3x what it costs in the US and we make way less money than them, so there probably aren't many units around here.

Can't comment on the confed cup, I'm assuming it's about football/soccer of which I'm not a big fan

:P

Cheers,

Deny

• Hi Geraldo, my guess is that high profile musicians / producers are incredibly busy composing, performing and recording to keep up with the latest gear, even though the KPA isn't all that new. Deny[/align][/size]

Exactly. The really busy musicians are often very conservative in what they use. And reliability comes way before innovation.

You're sure you are Brazilian?

:D

• Hello , nice story and happy ending :)

There should be a sponsoring/affiliate program , not necessarily with money but with free commercial rigs or goodies!!! The 1st time end users are the best KPA advocates , as we're real fanboys, please think about it Mr Kemper.

We sometimes even manage to convince conservative tube integrists/fundamentalists to try and buy the KPA, we deserve at least a few t-shirts, stickers or bags ???