First profiling session in a real recording studio :) clips inside

• [Blocked Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akam…66835925_1364853154_o.jpg]

Tried four different mics on a '72 Marshall straight cab - Neumann TL103, Royer 101, MD421 and a SM57.

Did some profiles with the Royer 101 and the Neumann - all four mics sounded good, but those two sounded the best. I was really happy with what I pulled and more clips are to come.

Here's a REAL quick clip I did - played guitar and bass through the kemper, used a 72 marshall Super Lead and Neumann for the guitar profile, bass profile is one I took direct from a hartke head. Piano and drums are midi.

https://soundcloud.com/okstrat/styx-best-of-times-solo

• Blends perfectly. Great job!

I've been planning on grabbing a couple of amps and just paying for an hour's session in a studio to profile, but i've no access to amps i really need that i can justify the cost with.
    In other words - any chance of the VHT being taken into a studio some day? Your profiles of it are awesome, but i think it needs an R121 in front :D

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Pete, this is a really great tone and your playing is impeccable as usual. :thumbup: thanks for sharing Paul.. What guitar and pickups did you use. Are you gonna make the profile available?

Thanks man!

The profiles are going to get out there somehow. I have a huge backlog of ones that haven't seen the light of day, including some pretty cool bass amp profiles.

I used a stock Les Paul standard to pull the profiles, clip is a Tom Anderson drop top. I was also making sure the profiles still sounded good with a different guitar... I know not everyone has a les paul, but I think it's a good starting place for a profile.

More than likely I may have some 'pay' profiles to help recoup studio costs. I'd rather do them all as 'donation' but in a year of doing this, I haven't made the same amount that the time I spent in the studio for these new profiles cost. For those that have been cool enough to help by donating, I'll figure out something to thank/reward them for their patronage. :)

For me to be able to afford doing this again, I'm going to have to get more aggressive with the pay thing, unfortunately. If it ends up paying for the studio time, then I'll take another amp or two in. If not then I probably won't or it will be a real 'far and few between' kinda thing. It's a huge pain to move gear from my 2nd floor studio setup to across town. Heads are bad enough, moving cabs is totally unfun.

• That's awesome Pete. I will be buying this Marshall profile tomorrow. Keep up the tremendous work!