Performance Mode and rig names on your controller?

• I haven't upgraded yet because I tend to shy away from beta versions, so I haven't tried performance mode yet. But I'm curious about something, I'm using the Ground Control Pro as a controller and I really like being able to name the patches on the Ground Control, I'm thinking that if I were to use performance mode I wouldn't be able to do this, so I wouldn't really know what rig I was on without looking at the Kemper, is this correct or am I missing something? Can the FCB display the rig name?

• The FCB only shows the bank # in performance mode. I use a FCB1010 and it works great with the Uno for kemper.

If you setup your Ground Control to use performance mode
    you be able to see a bank# and preset name for the 4 of the slot in performance mode( 5th slot would not be accessible I think)
    and setup the IA for the stomps A,B,C,D, X. Mod, Delay, Reverb.

The limitation I see with the Ground Control pro is Theirs two modes.
    The presets are arranged in 36 banks of 4 presets or
    20 banks of 10 presets each(the FCB has 125 Banks of 5 presets) The later would leave fewer AI for stomps
    and theirs only 5 presets per bank in the Kemper so this last mode maybe a waste.

• Preference disclaimer: I almost always switch to another patch instead of turning an individual effect on or off.

I don't see any limitations with the GCP. Between it and the Kemper, you can have Ten patches per bank, and Five on/off switches.

Ten per bank mode can provide two Performance banks at the same time. And, a 'ten per bank' controller can switch to the next pair of banks with push of a bank up or down.

I could be using five per bank, and ten instant access switches with my G-System, but have it configured for ten patches per bank and five switches.

If I was choosing between the the GCP and other controllers, I would prefer one with instant access to ten different sounds. If individual on/off are also needed, the Kemper can support four of them with the two jacks on the back of the unit. If you absolutely need a fifth switch, one of the pedal jacks of the GCP can be used to send an effect on/off CC number. With v2.0, the Kemper can use the one pedal to control volume, pitch, and wah.

• I saw this thread and think this is a good place to ask my questions. If not please let me know.

When using the UnO for KEMPER chip

Can I assign the pedal #1 so is my rig has wah for one bank and pitch change for another?

Can I assign 2 different rigs to one bank?
    Ex. Bank 1: switch 1: Rig A with its unique effects, switch 2: Rig B with its unique effects.

Can I control an effects unit like the Timeline via the midi thru on the KPA?
    Ex. Using switch 1: Rig A clean, switch 2: Rig A Clean), turn effects loops on and Timeline patch 1, switch 3: Rig A Clean, turn effects loops on and Timeline patch 2.

Can I have different stomp switches for different banks?
    Ex. Bank 1: top row 1-5 (A,B,C,D,X), Bank 2: : top row 1-5 (A,B,C,Delay,Reverb)

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• Can I assign the pedal #1 so is my rig has wah for one bank and pitch change for another?

Yes each performance can have 5 rigs and the kemper has a opition for setting the wah pedel to be a pitch pedel if one or the other is present in a rig I believe.

Can I assign 2 different rigs to one bank?

Ex. Bank 1: switch 1: Rig A with its unique effects, switch 2: Rig B with its unique effects.

Yes you can have 5 diffrent rig per bank.

Can I control an effects unit like the Timeline via the midi thru on the KPA?
    Ex. Using switch 1: Rig A clean, switch 2: Rig A Clean), turn effects loops on and Timeline patch 1, switch 3: Rig A Clean, turn effects loops on and Timeline patch 2.

I have not check the midi thru in performance mode on the kemper but it should work if you setup the timeline to have the same midi assignment # to the patch...you can't program the FCB to send separate command to another device. I took a look at the midi Specification of the Timeline and some of the CC# may over lap so this looks like it may not work.

Can I have different stomp switches for different banks?
    Ex. Bank 1: top row 1-5 (A,B,C,D,X), Bank 2: : top row 1-5 (A,B,C,Delay,Reverb)

No you can not change these per rig on the FCB the foot switches will be the same for all rigs

Edited 3 times, last by troynova ().

• does any of you know if it is possible to change banks in performance mode, without changing rigs right away?

for example: i have my fc1010 set like this: 1st bank has 5 clean sounds, 2nd bank has 5 dist sounds, and 3rd bank has 5 effected sounds. now, when i want to change the rig in the middle of the song, i kinda want to prepare myself and switch to the bank on which the rig i want is located at, but without immediately changing the rig and the sound...

i was able to do this before i installed the uno chip

• I have not check the midi thru in performance mode on the kemper but it should work if you setup the timeline to have the same midi assignment # to the patch...you can't program the FCB to send separate command to another device. I took a look at the midi Specification of the Timeline and some of the CC# may over lap so this looks like it may not work.

You should be able to control the Kemper and the Timeline on separate channels. Similar CC# will not matter. Set the Kemper to receive on a different channel to the Timeline and all should be well.

• You should be able to control the Kemper and the Timeline on separate channels. Similar CC# will not matter. Set the Kemper to receive on a different channel to the Timeline and all should be well.

Yes this is true...... But in the context of using the Uno4Kemper to do this there are serious limitations.