Music Man Steve Morse Y2D or PRS 513?

• Big dilemma, I've been offered 2 great guitars but I can afford just one right now. But how to decide? I'm stuck.

First guitar:
    Music Man Steve Morse Y2D Honey Roasted with Floyd Rose

Second guitar:
    Paul Reed Smith 513 Maple 10-Top

Which one would you choose and why? Maybe your answers help me a bit to decide. Thanks.

• If you like them both the same then one of the following:

1. Neither of them really floats your boat and you're just GASing. Leave them both.
    2. They're both absolutely amazing. Flip a coin and take one.

I can't tell you how many guitars I've bought and subsequently sold that were highly recommended. If a guitar doesn't really speak to me now I just keep walkin' ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I have owned both of these, and let me state I am biased to PRS as they are my favorite all the way around.

Currently have a full Brazilian 513, so it may be slightly different to the one you are looking at if its a mahogany neck with Brazilian fretboard. I love the pickup options and sound combinations available, 13 settings! I lean mostly to fixed necks as well so that helps me give the nod to the PRS. Can't beat the fit and finish as well.

The Steve morse is an awesome guitar as well with a bunch of pickup options. Build quality is good, more of a Tele feel in terms of body/neck shapes, but doesn't sound like a Tele! The Morse will be lower output compared to the PRS. If there is one thing I would change on the 513 it would be the output level of the pickups.

You can't go wrong with either one, but if you asked me to pick which one first I would pick the PRS. Then get the morse later of course!

• Thanks, Joptunes.

I totally understand what you're saying. In terms of sound I slightly lean towards the PRS as well. Just very slightly.
    So the decision would be relatively easy if this Music Man Steve Morse Y2D wouldn't be such an amazing beauty (Honey Roasted) on it's way to get very rare.

Anyway, I think I will ask for one more day so I can sleep one more night until I decide.

Cheers,
    Martin

• I think "GAS defeated" means he successfully walked away ... :D

Exactly :D
    And the winner is a brand new Korg Kronos X 88 after I spent 1 week with my MIDI controller keyboard and VST instruments.
    Sometimes I just hate to have a computer running when I make music.
    So it looks like I was talking about "Guitar Addicted Shopping" because I bought some more gear anyway.