Default settings for the input section?

• I found mine at clean 5 and dist 0......since I found it so set I never change it. I use two charvel with Gibson 490 pickup......

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Yes.
    And again and for everybody: :)

There is no mystic sound colorations behind these controls.
    If you run a soft Strat, you might increase Clean Sense so cleaner sounds will not sound weak.
    If you run a very hot humbucker PU you might lower it, so cleaner sounds are not too strong, compared to high gain sounds.

If you run an active guitar or bass, you might get a strong red light on the input and a noticable soft clipping.
    In this case it is mandatory to reduce Clean Sense to 2.0 or even lower.

If you follow this easy guideline, you will never distract your sound. The Profiler has loads of digital headroom.

• And if we have a strat, and a hot PU guitar, and a active PU guitar ? ;)
    Should we unlock the input, and then create rigs dedicated to each guitar, with a fine-tuned clean sense for each ?

• And if we have a strat, and a hot PU guitar, and a active PU guitar ? ;)
    Should we unlock the input, and then create rigs dedicated to each guitar, with a fine-tuned clean sense for each ?

I keep the cleanse sense locked at a very low value for all my guitars and keep it set for the highest ouput PU of all my guitars. I also keep the noise gate setting rather low in order not to kill the signal of a strat. Of course this means that you need to beef up the gain for a strat to get into the crunch region. But that´s ok, since i don´t wanna play metal with my strat anyway...

• Should we unlock the input, and then create rigs dedicated to each guitar, with a fine-tuned clean sense for each ?

My input is always unlocked for these two reasons:

1. I need flexible Noise Gate settings. If the Input is locked, the Noise Gate is locked too. BTW: I wish it would be independent.
    2. You can store Clean and Distortion Sense per rig. That's why (for me) there's no need to lock the Input.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

Edited once, last by Kempermaniac ().