Guitar sound "Nickelback - Dark Horse". How?

• Hi guys!
    I'd like to get a guitar sound similar to the Nickelback - Dark Horse. Do you have what you thought about this?

• Try a Mesa Rectifier or Roadking :)

To get the Nickelback sounds: at least quad-track your rhythm tracks.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Thanks man! Вut what about the cabinet? I saw that in their songs have a specific frequency response of the cabinet. So that's really the main problem is to recreate the frequency response! I will appreciate any help!

• What do you mean exactly with that? Find out which cabs they use and then use those as well.

They'll always sound different as the sound also depends on the mic, the mic position, the preamp/console and the post processing and of course also your guitar. Best advice would be to just a/b your sound and adjust to taste.

• I'm 100% sure that there are isolated guitar tracks from nickelback (from guitar hero or other games) - or just find some seconds where only the guitar is playing on the album. Find some of those, run a match EQ (ozone)... done. I made a match eq back in the AxeFX2 days with animals from nickelback... turned out as a good match.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar