Very Extreme Tones

• Hey there

I am looking to perfectly capture 2 different guitar tones for the Kemper. They are very extreme sounds which is maybe why I am not having much luck myself.
    Firstly a tone by a band called Nails.Can't seem to get the top end fuzz right on this one.
    Secondly a band called Celtic Frost. Can't get the midrange honk right on this.
    I tried myself using a JCM 800/TS9/SM57/Silent Sister with 1x12 Celestion/Izotope Alloy tonematch combination with less than satisfactory results.
    Most of my guitars have EMG pick ups in super strat bodies.
    Please let me know if you can help either tips or having a go at the the profiles.
    Thanks

• Thanks Guys
    I'll check out the FROSTCELL tone cheers.
    I've tried definition,bias etc. but it doesn't really capture what I'm after.
    I will upload my own couple of profile attempts tomorrow to show you how near I am.
    It's not a gazillion miles away but really lacks the essence of both sounds.
    Maybe some of you could try and have a tweak of my profiles when I upload em tomorrow to see how close you can get to the reference youtube links.
    It would be good to know what else I have to do to get my sounds closer.
    I am trying to tonematch exactly to literally drop into a couple of mixes. I can get exact with my set up into Alloy but back into the KPA even tweaked just loses the sparkle.
    Would be great to be able to get the sounds exact in the KPA so they can be just dialled in.
    Cheers for your input.

• It's profiler send->TS9->JCM800->silent sister->SM57->DAW w/tone matching eq->profiler return.......so pretty much what you said ;)

• All Hail to the mighty Warrior. Check out HELL-G WARRIOR GOETIA on Rig Exchange. disengage Dist, roll down VolPot and play GOETIA Intro, then crank Volpot and Kick in Dist. Enjoy. I use a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser with EMG 707.

• Mid Honk at 2.5K as DP stated earlier, dial in if necessary. The Warrior does not use EMGs, i don't know what PUs he uses, but having seen them live several times i guess a lot of the tone comes from the sheer LOUDNESS of his Stack. It gives Feedback within 2 seconds. 8o

• Mid Honk at 2.5K as DP stated earlier, dial in if necessary. The Warrior does not use EMGs, i don't know what PUs he uses, but having seen them live several times i guess a lot of the tone comes from the sheer LOUDNESS of his Stack. It gives Feedback within 2 seconds. 8o

right, to get into that territory quickly, use the Graphic EQ post Stack and boost 80Hz and 2500Hz by 6dB each.

thump & sizzle

I think that's what I'll name this preset ;)

• Thanks Don
    I'll try that with the graphic.

Hell-G
    Cheers as well. I'll check your tone tomorrow.
    I have done shows with the warrior and I know his guitar tech and have all breakdowns of the rig. Pick ups were stock Ibby Iceman.
    But with massive respect to another Frost fan, that is not what I am doing here. I am attempting to tone match exactly via the KPA, 2 exact tones via the means that I have which should be possible given the tools at hand,and the power of the KPA.
    Just need pointers as to what I am missing from the mix.

Any advice on what I am missing on the Nails tone?

Thanks to everyone for their input :thumbup:

• right, to get into that territory quickly, use the Graphic EQ post Stack and boost 80Hz and 2500Hz by 6dB each.

thump & sizzle

Yeah, just added these EQ settings, comes very close now.

gorstein

I got the impression that there is too much gain on your Triptykon tone, when rolled down it comes closer. The Volume of the rig drives my KPA into red light on the output, had to cut it down to 0.0.

What's your bands name?

• I guess you saw my post earlier this weel on the metal pack demos I found
    https://soundcloud.com/fenixdo…pfactory-metal-bundle-and

they sound pretty similar to a lot of tones I hear around :)

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Thanks for the input from everyone.
    A lot of advise was useful.
    The EQ trick worked great on the Nails sound cheers.
    With the Frost sound I think the nearest I've heard is the Frostcell tone. I turned the gate off and added a screamer but the mids were spot on.
    Just gonna try a few more tone matches and incoprorate some of the advise from here and hopefully I can build a decent tone set that I can upload over the next few weeks.