Posts by earuta78

you can go for the palmer Macht402, a class D stereo power amp in rack format, instead of 2 SD powerstages. I miss a stereo SD device.....

the macht402 can be switched into mono too.

I have 10 Marshall 4x12’s here in my live room as well as all my favourite mic’s (57’s, AKG 451’s, AKG 414’s, Sennheiser 421’s etc)

Then you can start to be the first beta-generator of this "KPA-sort of IR-cabs-presets" i was speaking about :) :) :)

and try to buy a AKG D202.....such a massive beefy surprise for the mic´s .... :)

Hi Vinny,

hi Alan,

i think we three are Torpedo fans :) but KPA-over-the-top lovers :)

Let s say, if Kemper would enhance the software "CAB maker" into a "CAB manager wall-of-sound-kemper" , it can be another good idea too.....

so Alan,

thanks for the reply, i think now we have closed the gap and we have matched the opinions. I appreciate!

- the focus of my observation is exclusively on the merged and DI.

- For me the KPA experience with studio is different "for the ears" and for the "sound setup" than merged/DI.
    - Maybe a support of a great profiler expert , just a MBritt or even a professional IR studio can be a good joint venture to explore this field. On a simple point of view: with torpedo, with the FM3 / Axe and with the QuadCortex you have a big sound control and hence a huge "sound quality" leverage effect with the cabs in term of presets. The same can be enhanced then in our lovely KPA.....

That s all , and even if we think in the sound chain - guitar- pre amp - power amp - cab/mic, the sound quality chain effect is dominated by the latest chain element..... :)

Hi Alan, thanks for the kind explaining, i think we are on parallel path and i hope that we "cross" the mindset.

My answer here will be maybe long....but i try to explain all:

I read and i agree with what Mr. Kemper told some days ago regarding IRs, EQ curves etc. I am not Mr. Kemper, i am not meant to be Mr. Kemper :) or a competitor of Mr. Kemper :) even if i am engineer and with a background in acoustics too: if i profile a cab of Label X with Cones Y and Mic Z in the position W i have a "unique" dB-Freq curve, which can be transposed in term of EQ curve.

Let s not confuse the minds with the Torpedo workflow ( it is definitely a blending mathematical option by moving the mics), we think about a unique configuration X/Y/W/Z as said before.

I try to go one step beyond in deepdiving my idea, especially now, when i come from a noodling session with only merged profiles in the rig manager (the merged profiles pack) and some well done IRs of known cabs from a professional studio/vendor.

The IRs were given as demo-pack and converted in KPA files. So, this is the experience:

- using the studio profiles and then playing: The studio profiles sounded great as they were created, but a mess with the IR. Means , i experienced the same as many users say: a studio profile is a unique chain and sounds great as it is.

- then i went for merged profiles of the rig manager: BOOM! The impact of the IRs was magic. the TripleRect merged profile together with the MeBo IRs / KPA converted was so gorgeous and much much massive and detailled than the cab of the original merged profile.

- same feeling of great quality and dynamic sound happened with the test IRs and the direct profiles together.

- The obvservations were made with studio monitors

- i repeated the cases with my 4x12 DIY big cab with the 4x kemper kones in stereo format ( my avatar...), and run the system with activated kones in full range modality: results were exactly comparable as before with the studio monitors.

So, huge story of the evening to tell that a nice of well-done "kemper selected" Cabs of famous marks with selected speakers and mic position "official as presets" and specifically for a use with merged and direct profiles would be a great great enhancement: torpedo has in their last update for the CAB M+ official Mesa Boxes, official Orange Boxes, official Engl Boxes, official Suhr Boxes, official Revv Boxes and even Zilla and Soldano Boxes, FOR FREE. Why torpedo yes, and our holy Kemper (still) not?

I hope it is clear now what is my wish :) even if the message here is huuuuge

Regards, Enzo

Every Rig in RIg Manager factory content has a Cabinet already. These can be used with any other rig so there is effectively a few hundred cabinet presets in there already. How would the new presets differ from the current ones?

well, what you say is correct. I only think in term of "newbie" as i am , but having understood the phylosophy of kemper ( and for this reason i went KPA instead of its best competitor).

So, KPA offers some official "celestion" presets, but i was thinking about the same thing as "official" cab profile in a similar way TwoNotes does with its Torpedo. Making a sort of "official IR" for a 2x12 or whatever AxB with ...speakers.

Taking a cabinet from an existing rig of the factory content is definitely a first step, but IMHO it would be great to separate several cabs as own preset (as is said, the example of the torpedo cab M+/live , without the need of moving mic but as single "best of IR").

Uno4Kemper allows to configure those pedals. It's described in the Uno4kemper manual.

You could change the Wah Pedal into Morph Pedal and activate Morph Pedal to Wah and Morph Pedal to Pitch in the PROFILER.

Hi Burkhard, thanks for the info. I know the function, it is well described.

I would connect an external expr pedal to the KPA and let the FCB work as it is now. so Vol and Wah over the FCB and the external pedal for morphing.

Hence my request for suggestion of an good and affordable pedal. Maybe not the "master best in class overall". Thank you!

Hi all, after a first big update in the presets with so many nice overdrive brandnew stomps,

it would be good if 2021 more presets would be offered....maybe some official 2x12 / 1x12 / 4x12 from famous cab brands combined to specifical set of loudspeakers.

would it be possible? Why not.....

Dear kemper mates,

as youngster with the KPA , i am exploring now the morphing functions.

I use for control the FCB1010 modded uno4kemper and both expr. pedals are now fixed for wah and volume.

Can you please suggest a good but affordable pedal to be connected with KPA and exclusively control the morphing ?

Thanks for your experience!

if you go for mono it is ok,

But think about one thing: a "class D" amp would be the best option in term of "cleaness" and linearity. So, cheap whatever it cost, class D is a must IMHO.

one question on the big hairy profiles with tons of great preamps of the 90s. Are the preamps profiles matched with a power amp too? which one? In many preamp packs description i cannot find the combo with the power amp. thanks a lot for a quick feedback, maybe i am wrong...

sound interesting. I'll buy some of the profiles very soon after reading all this comments. Don't know the difference between the essential and the bigger packs they offer but I guess the essentials are a good start. thanks for the review

i bought two "just play" packs some days ago: jpc2 and slo60. Stunning tones, quality is top notch. for what i understood afer mailing them, the essential pack in a first selection from the studio pack. The just play pack is a bigger selection pointing out a quite "plug&play" status of the profiles. The studio one is the biggest pack with all combos (studio and direct profiles) created by them.

Next choptones purchase from my side will definitely be the merged packs and some 90s-preamps , because i like to customize the sound with IRs too.

Summary: go for them for a first approach even with the essential packs. The tone will impress you.

Hi, Enzo.

That didn't take long (on the calendar). It looks great.

Thanks for coming back to show us.

Hi ST,

thanks for your message, well.....it could have been even quicker if the order/delivery for the cones set would have been arranged by me before Christmas. Being honest, the most difficult stuff was the re-tolexing of the MDF box on the back, because it is a set glued back ( the kones are mounted from the front), the rest wasn´t that much complex.

Personally I think it will be a great unit, but I am not a fan of the waiting list approach.

My name came up for an FM3. You feel second class already, as North Amercia is prioritised. Then the problem is that after waiting so long, they gave me a date in January that came after Brexit. Now there all sorts of uncertainty about imports.

I just prefer that a product is available and anyone can order with a reasonable wait.

Hi Karlic,

the "waiting list" is the reason why i went for kemper even if i have it only since end nov 2020.

I was in the FM3 waiting list and the feeling of being 2.class customer compared to others (f.e. bloggers in internet who received it much quicker) was in my humble opinion the decisional move.
    Definitely, the device is a great one, i think the quad cortex will be another good and solid one. Eager to see some valid back to back bench tests

Welcome Enzo! So much to discover with your new device...

And let us see your 4x12 when it's ready

Gutsy move selling your JVM, man. Been trying to get my brother to part with his and replace it with a Kemper, which he said he'd do... 5 1/2 years ago.

Welcome to the forum, Enzo! Congrats on your new KPA, and as Ibot39 said, show us your 4x12 cab when you've finished putting the Kones in it, eh? 8)

hello both :)

as promised , now it is time to show the final stage of the opera: here my 4x12 box with 4 x kemper kone and "customized by myself" creation. From a Behringer 4x12 now we have a "big kemper cab" , tolex in green elefant , a black mesh front and back to it the 2 mini kemper sticker and central the kemper logo "sprayed".

It runs in stereo L/R 2 x 2x8ohm. If Kemper wants to go hard & harder, i have no problem if my box can be the idea for an official 4x12 big beast from Kemper.....and there is on the back of the 4x12 box enough place for a class D amp module to be inserted.

I drive the system at the moment with a FCB1010 modded with Uno4kemper 1.4 (the neighborhood here is so gentle that i found a FCB brand new still in guarantee for only 70 bucks....). When i get big money , i will go one day for the kemper remote :)

I hope it is ok :) the device makes soooooo much fun!

Greets from BaWü-Germany, Enzo

Dear Choptones guys, i am a newbie in the digital amp/profiling world and IRs. Do you offer a couple of samples of your kemper profiles or IRs for demo reasons? I am massively impressed by the quality of the sound in your videos. It sounds fantastic.Thanks and regards, Enzo

Hallo Burkhard,

besten Dank für Deine umfassende und lückenlose Erklärung! top!

Hallo zusammen,

seit paar Wochen bin ich stolzer Kemper Besitzer.

Ich hab die ersten Schritte schon hinter mir, jetzt bin ich mit dem Thema CAB & IR in Kemper beschäftigt.

Frage: wie erkenne ich aus einem Profil ( zum Beispiel in den Presets ab Werk) ob es Direct / Studio / Merged sind?

Danke für die Unterstützung, sorry wenn die Frage vielleicht für euch dumm&dämlich klingt!

bleibt gesund und Grüße aus BaWü, Enzo